[KERNEL] [4.4] [Linaro 4.7.4] Dirty_V

firsttyphoon

firsttyphoon

Fortgeschrittenes Mitglied
Seit kurzem habe ich den**Dirty_V**-Kernel im Einsatz und kann diesen nur "wärmstes" empfehlen...
... und das beste seit gestern - voll Touch-Control-Kompatibel

Zum XDA-Thread und die dazugehörige FAQ --> "Klick"

Diese Versionen sind aktuell experimentelle Builds!

DirtyV_3.jpg

Hello everyone , this is my personal Android 4.4 kernel . I figured I'd share it with everbody since it seems to be working good . anyhow flash it if you want , its anykernel format so should be ok on any kitkat rom .
ALL credit and thanks should be directed to VanirTeam and any developers who's commits I used ( alot )

The Basics

Based on Linux kernel 3.0.101
  • Forked from jimsth/vanir_tuna
  • Added some things I use ( governors and schedulers ) , some performance commits
  • Built with @metalspring 's custom optimized- Linaro 4.7.4 toolchain -O3 optimized, graphite , link-time opt.
  • Ramdisk made by @osmosis
KERNEL FEATURES:
  • Governors:
  • Interactive
  • Conservative
  • OndemandX
  • Ondemand
  • Wheatley
  • Performance
  • Powersave
  • Userspace
  • Hyper
  • Hotplug
  • Sakuractive
  • Dyninteractive
  • Adaptive

Schedulers:
  • Row
  • Bfq
  • Vr
  • Sioplus
  • Cfq
  • Noop
  • Deadline
  • Fiops

Gpu Freq:
512Mhz max adjustable

TCP Congestion Comtrollers:
  • Westwood
  • Cubic,
  • Bic,
  • Westwood,
  • Htcp,
  • Hstcp,
  • Hybla,
  • Vegas,
  • Scalable,
  • Lp,
  • Veno,
  • Yeah,
  • Illinois,
  • Reno

• Content Adaptive Brightness
  • Voltages Control (Core, Iva, Mpu and more ...)
  • Blx control
  • Fastcharge control with storage
  • High performance audio
  • Sound Boost control
  • Temp control
  • Vibrator control
  • Color Control
  • Gamma Control
  • Trinity Contrast
Downloads:

SmittyV = NormalRAM, my personal build options
DirtyV-SR = SuperRAM
DirtyV = Bigmem
*UR=Unified-Ramdisk Build ( ext / f2fs compatible )

Old Versions:

SmittyV

DirtyV-SR

DirtyV

ChangeLog

Kernel FAQ :
F2FS Updates !!
Just to avoid multiple questions on this subject, I'll add f2fs related updates here, tomorrow.
Please point me to stuff outside this thread, as basically this is the only thread that I read everything on.
[*]
What is this "f2fs" thingy?
Read more about this awesome file systems here

[*]How to use this f2fs?

Read this and this and this (nice workaround) . If you understand it all, go ahead and have fun.
There's a small guide by @p34rp34rhere.
Another awesome guide for f2fs and our device. by @burstlam
Again, if you don't understand what you're doing,
DONT DO IT.

[*]How to test f2fs thing?

Read this post

[*]Any other ROM?

@aosp and @bsmitty83 have been using vanir's commotio builds for f2fs test on this thread
There's a SlimKat f2fs unofficial version here
I've managed to get a paranoid f2fs version. See post here
Here's the most beloved Liquidsmooth f2fs version by @Punkiderma
F2FS converted OmniROM by @pianistaPL
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Updated 05-05-2014

Kernel FAQ :
  • Whythree kernels?
    More choice for different users and different user activity.
  • What's the difference between these three kernels?
    DirtyV versions are the ones where your 1080p recording works.
    SR versions are the "SuperRAM" versions where a lot of RAM has been reclaimed. You get more RAM, but you need to give up 1080 recording, as a trade-off. If you plan to use this one, make sure you change your camera video recording to 720p instead of 1080p. Latest kernel versions will make this change automatic.
    The 3rd one is @bsmitty83 's own build that he's running for his tests. You can use this and feel like a developer.
    biggrin.gif

This one might not have all the governors/freqs/io/settings that you can't live without, so be prepared to be surprised.
  • What are recommended kernel settings?
    Follow @Nephilim 's kernel settings. Here they are
  • Anyone got any nice init scripts to automate neph's settings?
    Yes. @büscher got it all covered for you here Thank him.
  • Can I use on x ROM?
    Sure. If it doesn't work, let people here know. There might be a workaround.
  • How to submit a bug?
    Post a note here with relevant information(what you were doing when x happened, screenshots, how to replicate, logs, etc)
  • What is this log that people talk about? How to take a useful log?
    Read this
    or use syslog app from play store.
  • Does Touchwake/PGM/<your favorite touchmanager> work?
    This kernel has an inbuild touchwake. You can set it using a kenel settings application (eg. TricksterMod). Sadly, not any more.
    It's also got the required modules to support <your fav tool>. You need to ask the app developer to include support for dirty kernels.
    Latest smitty version has touchwake removed, so that PGM developer can update his app to support dirty kernel.
    PGM fans, see and thank this post
  • What is the difference between linaro and sabermod?
    The difference is just what toolchain was used to compile them. Linaro is a highly optimized custom built toolchain, and sabermod is based off aosp toolchain but with lots of extra patches for optimization
    Presently, @bsmitty83 is using @metalspring 's custom toolchain to compile all dirty versions. And, they come with a ramdisk, specially made for all of us, by @osm0sis
  • Is Fast Charge broken? I can still access my files with fast charge on!
    Nope. It's not broken. With some super voodoo now you can access your files along with fast charging your battery. But, do it only if you are in a hurry. Fast charging might not be good for battery life(citation needed).
  • My Antutu with <insert kernel name here> is bigger/better/wider/thicker than yours.
    Wateva
    biggrin.gif
  • Can I try this on my favorite 4.2/4.0/2.6/0.1.1 ROM
    20412_blinking_new.gif

Yup. But it would need some work. Read stuff from here onwards, till you have a working kernel for older android versions. Don't forget to share here, for others.
  • When will the next version be released?
    Now. Just check the last couple pages, and you'll see @bsmitty83 's got another one for you.
    victory.gif
  • Latest version does not have my favorite io/gov. Why he no love me no more?
    Most likely, smitty forgot to add it in. Just put a comment about the missing item and he'll put it back. In the meantime, try out other io/gov/freq/etc. Maybe you'll find a hidden gem (like @Nephilim found illinois)
  • I don't like the kernel splash screen (coming soon)
    Eyelids are provided for a reason. Close them for a couple seconds after turning on your phone and you'll get rid of the bootsplash
  • What is this synapse thing that I hear about?
    20412_blinking_new.gif

Synapse is a kernel settings tool, that you can use to tweak kernel settings that smart people on this thread talk about. @osm0sis has been instrumental in making this tool work for our beloved kernel. Thank him for this free tool.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: Mr.Nied, Stroky, GNexus12 und 2 andere
Guter Kernel! Danke für den Thread!
Allerdings habe ich heute bei xda gelesen, dass der Dev jetzt ein Note2 hat und das Gnx nur noch Backup sein wird...

Könnt Ihr was bezüglich Mpokang vs. Dirty sagen?

quand443 schrieb:
Guter Kernel! Danke für den Thread!
Allerdings habe ich heute bei xda gelesen, dass der Dev jetzt ein Note2 hat und das Gnx nur noch Backup sein wird...

Hallo quand443,

siehe Post von bsmitty83 --> "Klick"

"I'm still gonna dev for the gnex , setting up aokp on this monster , trickster now has way too may settings , lol
No vanir for vzn note 2 either , looks like I'll be on that soon
"

• Danke
Reaktionen: qu4nd
rotation schrieb:
Könnt Ihr was bezüglich Mpokang vs. Dirty sagen?

Bei mir läuft mpokang großartig, egal welchen Dirty ich nutze, das Teil friert ein und ich kann den Akku ziehen.
Slimkat 4.4.2 stable

Assistent Beaker schrieb:
Bei mir läuft mpokang großartig, egal welchen Dirty ich nutze, das Teil friert ein und ich kann den Akku ziehen.
Slimkat 4.4.2 stable
Bin ebenfalls aktuell auf SlimKat stable und bei mir läuft der DirtyV-RSR-2.17.14 und das erstens OHNE irgendwelche freezes, Reboots o.ä. und zweitens performt er absolut großartig!

Der ursprüngliche Beitrag von 12:49 Uhr wurde um 12:50 Uhr ergänzt:

BTW: @firsttyphoon
Im Threadtitel steht noch "15.02.2014" ;)

• Danke
Reaktionen: firsttyphoon
Hm,
Ich hatte das jetzt schon 3 oder 4mal. Reboot nach Installation, nex bootet, Startbildschim wird aufgebaut, dann friert es ein oder Reboot und es hängt am Schloss.
Allerdings kam gestern vor dem freeze eine kurze Meldung, dass etwas mit meinem Launcher (Launcher 8, den ich nicht missen möchte) nicht stimmt.
Kann das Nichtfunktionieren des dirty bei mirit dem Launcher zusammenhängen?

Ich bin bzgl kernel kein großer Experte, aber viele haben ihre Probleme gelöst, indem sie den kernel direkt nach einem clean flash der Rom geflasht haben. Könnte evtl mit der Ramdisk des dirty zusammen hängen...
Ich habe die stable von slimkat clean geflasht, dirtyV hinterher und alles ist gut...

• Danke
Reaktionen: Assistent Beaker
Mir gefällt der Kernel auch sehr gut.

Schreib mal einen an, die können die fristen dafür verlängern ;) dann kannst du das selber machen...

• Danke
Reaktionen: firsttyphoon
Für die die es interessiert:

-------------------------------------

Please someone explain me the differences between:

1) dirtyv and omo0sis build
2) normal kernel and anykernel......

Art runtime users could use these with @osm0sis AK2.0
wink.gif

[1/2] Speed up booting on multicore devices. · f800c5b · CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base · GitHub - http://goo.gl/AowCBM

[2/2] Speed up booting on multicore devices. · 8124b18 · CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_native · GitHub - http://goo.gl/1VNXoT

• Danke
Reaktionen: qu4nd
Also ich habe zur Zeit Probleme mit CM, also der dirtyv ohne fix lasst einen Prozess immer abstürzen, und der mit fix finde ich persönlich nicht so smooth, und bei YouTube war der ton verzehrt

Welche Version verwendet ihr eigentlich; R, RSR oder R-NoMeM?

Welche Version man nimmt, ist ja immer so ein wenig davon abhängig, welche Use Cases einen betreffen...

Viel Multi Tasking > RSR (kein 1080p, wozu man das beim Gnx auch brauchen sollte ^^)
Man beendet die Apps nach Verwenung (oder benutzt nur wenige) > NoMem
Mittelmaß > Bigmem (R)

Ich bin aktuell auf der NoMem Variante (3.05) und voll zufrieden.

Die Probleme mit CM sind ja auch in der Vergangenheit (auch unter 4.3) aufgetreten, da dort ggf. eine eigene Ramdisk enthalten ist. Da muss ein Kernel halt angepasst werden...

• Danke
Reaktionen: Rippenfreak
Ja das stimmt, habe jetzt längere Zeit BigMem genutzt, werde jetzt aber mal Nomem probieren

Das Probleme mit CM aufgetreten sind ist mir jetzt schon öfter passiert
Ich würde eine schnelle Rom suchen, Einstellungsmöglichkeiten sind mir egal, sollte einfach nur stabil laufen, Empfehlungen? :)

[OFFURL]https://www.android-hilfe.de/custom-roms-fuer-galaxy-nexus/526114-rom-kk-4-4-2_r2-kvt49l-trex-team-t-rex-28-02-2014-a.html[/OFFURL]

4.4.2 r2 von T-REX :D

Rippenfreak schrieb:
Ich würde eine schnelle Rom suchen, Einstellungsmöglichkeiten sind mir egal, sollte einfach nur stabil laufen, Empfehlungen? :)

[OFFURL]https://www.android-hilfe.de/custom-roms-fuer-galaxy-nexus/526114-rom-kk-4-4-2_r2-kvt49l-trex-team-t-rex-28-02-2014-a.html#post7045593[/OFFURL]

[ROM] [4.4.2][maguro][2nd Mar 2014] CM-REMIX-Burst-Kernel-KANG [ver_2.8.2] [HALO][SlimPie][PaPIE][Wifi Display] - xda-developers

Laufen beide bei meinem GNEX hervorragend :thumbsup:

Das fand ich auch richtig gut:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/development/official-paranoidandroid-4-0-t1619582

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Und um den Thread zu komplettieren, gibt noch den Link zu Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings --> Klick

Der ursprüngliche Beitrag von 19:41 Uhr wurde um 19:43 Uhr ergänzt:

Rippenfreak schrieb:
Also ich habe zur Zeit Probleme mit CM, also der dirtyv ohne fix lasst einen Prozess immer abstürzen, und der mit fix finde ich persönlich nicht so smooth, und bei YouTube war der ton verzehrt

Welche Version verwendet ihr eigentlich; R, RSR oder R-NoMeM?

Aktuell bin ich auf SmittyV vom 5.3.14 und habe ebenfalls verzehrte Töne...

Der ursprüngliche Beitrag von 19:43 Uhr wurde um 19:46 Uhr ergänzt:

Piti8576 schrieb:
[OFFURL]https://www.android-hilfe.de/custom-roms-fuer-galaxy-nexus/526114-rom-kk-4-4-2_r2-kvt49l-trex-team-t-rex-28-02-2014-a.html[/OFFURL]

4.4.2 r2 von T-REX :D

Danke für die Werbeeinblendung :winki:
Aber bitte hier beim Dirty_V bleiben, danke...

Bin im Moment auf RSR vom 8.3. und stelle häufig fest, dass beim einschalten des Displays es eine Gedenkstunde dauert bis das Display angeht.
Wie lässt sich das beheben?