Odys Neo - Thread for international users [English]

JochenKauz schrieb:
You wrote:
Changed Toolchain to OSELAS gcc 4.6.2
new feature:
smaller kernel.img
round about 10% faster

Are you sure kernel is 10% faster ? What toolchain have you used before ?
Where can i download this toolchain binaries ?
It's the last release of this toolchain ?

Thank a lot for you reply !

P.S. the CM10.1 made by your group (Oma, Netlar, Astralix and you) is very Nice ;) Good Work ! :D

Yes I'm sure, the kernel reacts faster and frequency switching is smoother.
I used before a precompiled toolchain based of gcc 4.5.

The OSELAS Toolchain is an optimized Cortex A8 toolchain, based on linaro. It's not the last version of the toolchain, cause last version is with gcc 4.7 that does not work for me. I used OSELAS.Toolchain-2011.11.3 instead. I don't know if they have a precompiled version, I compiled it for myself on my ubuntu.

You can find the toolchain if you google for OSELAS Toolchain.

Thanks jk!!!

Enviado desde mi Loox usando Tapatalk 2

Hi joken,

a little question... what do you think if (in /arc/arm/mach-rk29/board-rk29yf.c) we change this :

#define PMEM_GPU_SIZE SZ_64M

in

#define PMEM_GPU_SIZE SZ_48M
to give more free ram to the system ?

Ii tryed without any issue... but i'd like to know what do you think about...

I also tryed to change #define PMEM_VPU_SIZE SZ_64M

but i had some little hangs with videos...

regards,
Yatto

Hi Yatto,
we could try it, but as far as I understand the etna_viv project (OpenSource Driver for Vivante GPU's), the GPU drivers need in summary 128MB of system memory. That could be the reason that changing VPU Mem Size to less than 64MB resulted in video problems.

Meine Neo X7 schwarz scheint incompattible mit allen nex x7 angepasster Kernel auf crewtab, ich habe blitzte alle kernel / rom Kombination + auch Standard-Kernel, habe ich immer diese komischen Bildschirmauflösung Problem als der Bildschirm ist nie zentralisierte, wenn ich die Denver verwenden Bestandsaktualisierung. Brauchen Sie Hilfe und Anregungen Jungs .......

Der ursprüngliche Beitrag von 22:40 Uhr wurde um 22:48 Uhr ergänzt:

5spe581jv

6ji4b03x7

Hi,
tritt das Problem auch mit dem Stock Kernel auf?
(we could also talk in english if you like, but that would be the international thread)

@kunmii
what Stock kernel did you try?

JochenKauz schrieb:
Update 11 (26.02.2013) of https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...er-neo-x7-x8-mit-autorotation-fix.319836.html
New kernel release for JB 4.2.2/CM10.1 (no modell fix needed), not for JB 4.1.1:
Changed rotation for the new AOSP 4.2.2 and CM10.1 of Oma.

IMG_20130328_183052.jpg

IMG_20130328_183036.jpg

Happens with the stock kernels too (ones with blue intenet tablet text)...
The O.S is also shifted by same offset in any orientation after rotation, if I use a larger resolution kernel, it fills the screen but sections are cut-off cause its not rescaling...

Wait...
The Stock Kernel does not have a blue logo as far as I know..

If you see the "Internet Tablet, by Astralix, fr3ts0n, JochenKauz", it is always our/my custom kernel.
Did you flash again the Odys kernel?

But to go step by step..
what ROM did you flash?

JochenKauz schrieb:
Wait...
The Stock Kernel does not have a blue logo as far as I know..

If you see the "Internet Tablet, by Astralix, fr3ts0n, JochenKauz", it is always our/my custom kernel.
Did you flash again the Odys kernel?

But to go step by step..
what ROM did you flash?

Yeah, it only happens with stoc kernel on crewtabs stock kernel in the stock kernel archive section..
Here is a picture of a custom kernel with similar problem and JB 1.2.3 ROM..

IMG_20130329_232346.jpg

IMG_20130329_232115.jpg

IMG_20130329_232127.jpg

As you can see theshift offset is same in all cases, this is it in the OMA boot animation;
IMG_20130329_232304.jpg

When the kernels are used, the offset goes as far as CWM too *Which is why I think its from the kernels;
IMG_20130329_233021.jpg

But When I use the Denver update for the aforementioned model, everything works perfectly only, the denver kernel doesn't boot the custom ROMS.

IMG_20130329_234408.jpg

I haven't been able to try with Odys's stock, their server is very slow and download breaks after some mins, moreover their server doesn't support resuming...

You tried this kernel from our site?
Kernel 308 Neo X7 Odys

This should be the original stock kernel of Odys.

As an alternative I have attached a fresh, from the original sources of Odys NEOX7, compiled kernel.

If both kernel does not work, it's not a kernel problem, or your X7 is not as it should be.
In both cases I have no possibibilty to change anything, cause it would be on the one side a ROM problem, or a hardware specs problem.

I can only use in my kernel the hardware timings that are published from Odys, if there are different series of the X7, with different timings that Odys did not publish, I could only guess what's right and that would be really difficult.

Anhänge

• kernel_odys_x7_org.7z
    2,2 MB · Aufrufe: 185
Tried your attached kernels earlier today, the source kernel you posted as a boot logo similar to the denver tac 7018 one I'm using now, but the Penguine logo is always shifted by similar offset earlier complained about.

Is there a custom kernel for the Denver TAC 7018?
Thanks for your support, "You're the best"

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator: