Odys Xpress - Thread for international users [English]

hävksitol

hävksitol

Ehrenmitglied
Hello,
as a German-language discussion board, we attach great importance to ensuring that all contributions are written in German. If you can't speak German, please post your questions and answers in English and only in the current thread; otherwise they will be deleted.
Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
AH-Team

Hi. I have a problem with the battery. For a long time it is in the values ​​of 100-70% then quickly down to 40% and from 40% to 20% of the issue about 5 min. 20 - 0% is already 1 min. sometimes turns off already at 40 or 20%. Without shutdown just off. When I turn on clock is reset. kernel is 46. Please help me with this :)

Anawriel schrieb:
Hi. I have a problem with the battery. For a long time it is in the values ​​of 100-70% then quickly down to 40% and from 40% to 20% of th...

Are you using the standard ROM or one of our custom ROMs?

In both cases, we know about the problem and are working on it. But as the investigations have shown the battery management is implemented in a quite dump and simple way producing large tolerances. So we are still not finished with coding and tests.
But we are constantly working on it for our own kernels.

Best regards
Astralix

Thank you very much for your reply Astralix. In this case you are my authority. :) I have read and I know the story of problems of OS from the Loox and Xpress. I had a LOOX. On it everything worked OK. I hope that soon I will be to enjoy your latest work :D When can we expect the next version to test? I'd love to test them :)

I use Oma 4.1.1m v1.2.3a ROM.

Hi!

I am currently sharing my free time between RK3066 and RK2918 kernel development and I am trying to merge the kernels so there is only one left in future. While doing that I still take a look into the most difficult things again and again.

So you'll hear from me

So I (and We) can only wait for results. :) with impatience as always :D

Hi Astralix. Are there some progress or work have been suspended? The battery indicator is killing me. Every time I think it will still be able to run it off ... I use it for work and for me it is really very annoying. Please fix it. :( Sorry for my english :(

Hello,

I'm French and I bought a tablet ODYS XPRESS.
I wish installed on this tablet ANDROID ICS or JB
The only site I found that talks about this subject is one
I'm sorry but I do not speak German
I contacted directly ODYS who had said he did not offer any update for this tablet
Could you tell me where to find the necessary files and installation procedure to install ICS on my tablet or JB ODYS XPRESS
What are the risks?
Is that everything works correctly.

Thank you in advance

Take a look Here

You should find everything you need to update your xpress to ICS or JellyBean (or CM) ;-)

hello
Thank you for your reply and the link indicated
For my tablet ODYS XPRESS me advise you to install ICS, JB, CM
What are the functions may no longer work after the update
You have yourself a tablet ODYS XPRESS?
What firmware you installed as above?

Yes i use a xpress myself (and i love it :D)
Currently i am using the CM 10.1 which runs quite nice but with a few bugs. Hardware Acceleration for videos does not work and i can't use the camera. Also apps can only use the internal sd-card. The team is working to fix those bugs.

I would recoment the last JB 4.1 Version. I have used this before switching to the CM10.1 and it was a really great update. If i remember correctly there hat been no missing functions in this version, so try it out. It is the version Oma Odys Loox JB 4.1.1 V1.2.4a

thank you

Last request for clarification could you give me a link to a tutorial or a video that will show very clearly how to update