ROOT] [GUIDE] (ACTIVE) OTADelusion Online Root für Asus FonePad 7 / K00E / ME372CG

A

asci

Erfahrenes Mitglied
[ROOT] [GUIDE] (ACTIVE) OTADelusion Online Root for Asus FonePad 7 / K00E / ME372CG - xda-developers

:scared:

geht leider immer nur bei den firmwares welche nicht auf dem aktuellem stand sind. Also bei mir nich...Hoffe asus haut bald wieder eins raus...
aber seit vorsichtig...

What Is This?

The FonePad 7 has a very secure stock ROM that is not vulnerable to any known exploit. But fortunately for us, Asus introduced their own vulnerability in it, which we can take advantage of. This is a guide that will help you root your FonePad 7 using that vulnerability.

How Does It Work?

Overplayed, Cool-Sounding Version

OTADelusion exploits multiple critical security vulnerabilities in the over-the-air update mechanism employed by the FonePad 7 -
The update delta packages are delivered to the device through an unencrypted medium.
The device can be configured to use any DNS server and it does not verify DNS query responses.
The package verification process relies on an asymmetric key-pair whose private key is compromised.
A man-in-the-middle attack is performed while downloading an OTA update by forcing the device to use a rogue DNS server which directs the device to connect to a rogue web server. This web server serves malicious update packages with forged cryptographic signatures. These update packages are designed to install a permanent backdoor in the device, allowing the user full access to it.

Down-To-Earth Version
Someone at Asus forgot the 'S' in 'HTTPS'
Someone at Asus forgot to replace the test Android signing key with their own
1 + 2 = Pwnage

What Do I Need To Use It?
A FonePad 7 running a supported version of the stock ROM (check the section below for a list of supported versions)
A working Wi-Fi connection (this will NOT work on 2G or 3G)

Supported ROM Versions

Go to Settings -> About tablet and check the "Build number" field
3.2.2 - NOT supported. Upgrade to 3.2.4
3.2.4 - Supported
5.1.6 - NOT supported. I need volunteers to help me test.
5.2.2 - NOT supported. May be added in the future. Check this thread for updates.

kommt lt psycho auch fuers neue update...

und gibts irgendwelche probleme im langzeitbetrieb? oder sind welche weggegangen ;) ?

Bisher habe ich keinerlei Probleme seit dem rooten gehabt

Gibt es noch weitere Erfahrungen....
andere die es nutzen....
und:
vielleicht eine deutsche Anleitung!
Gruß

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit der Android-Hilfe.de App

auch komisch ich hab build 5.2.2 aber unter sytem update steht meins ist uptodate beim k00e