Da ich dieses ROM nutze und wirklich begeistert bin, poste ich es mal hier:
Quelle: [ROM] StarBurst Froyo HTC 2.29.405 [9 Mar] Stable Data2SD | Unlimited memory | Stock - xda-developersdroidzone schrieb:
(Sense | Android 2.2 (Froyo) | Stable DATA2SD / Optional A2SD | Any ext | Official 2.29.405.5 WWE | Stock rooted Desire Rom | Multilanguage | Over the Air (OTA) updates | ROM Manager download | Dedicated Site)
Now in three flavors-StarBurst Standard for those who like a completely functional Rom on install, Lite for those who prefer Stock ROM with options (Both Standard and Lite are Data2SD based); and StarBurst A2SD for those who are nervous about the stable Data2SD.
[FONT="][This performance was measured on my Class 4 3CPro card. With a faster class card, you should get better performance)[/FONT]
Visit the StarBurst MiniSite for Download Links, Complete Installation instructions, Latest updates, More resources, FAQs and Quick answers to your questions[FONT="]StarBurst Team:
Droidzone - ROM Development
Sibere - Data2SD for StarBurst
[/FONT]Partition Required: FAT32 followed by one ext2/ext3/ext4 partition
Base Software: 2.29.405 WWE
Standard (with third party apps and few customizations like additional keyboards.
Lite (Completely Stock, with updated system applications and features like VPN support etc), and A2SD
The main feature of this pure HTC Sense Rom is the stable Data2SD that is built in
In case you didnt already know, the Desire's Internal memory is severely limited (A maximum of 147 MB. Within no time, you will be asked to remove your favoite apps to clear space. Earlier implementations like A2SD, App2SD+ are all imperfect, and everything will never be moved. Even MTD partitions are limited.
With Data2SD, you decide the amount of Internal memory you want!
As a side effect, you get faster I/O too, since Sd is faster than Nand. the real world performance depends on the Class of your card. The faster the better!
This rom is based on Siberes Data2sd scripts, which with the latest ext4 based script, is arguably one of the best of the lot. Other than this, the Rom has been kept stock, with the base rom 2.29.405.5. It is for those who want the HTC Sense Rom, but are tired of the low disk space warnings thrown at them! Of course, important mods like the Restart menu, Supercircle battery mod (@UOT) etc are available.
Contrary to prior Data2SD scripts which were infamous for their boot loops and force closes, this latest script has been rigorously tested and developed into a stable product by Sibere. To date, I havent had a single force close or boot loop yet on this Data2SD configuration
I know there are a lot of Stock rooted roms out there, but this one supports Data2Sd best, mostly because its been built for the sole purpose of giving a problem free Data2sd experience.
- HTC Official FroYo Sense 2.2 FR91
- Based on the latest HTC RUU 2.29.405.5
- StarBurst is fully compatible with the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery (Edify)
- Init.d scripts supported
- Latest Busybox-1.18
- ROM Manager supported New!!
- Over the Air updates (OTA) via ROM Manager New!!
- Kernel: kernel-bravo-18.104.22.168-starburst-110307 @snq-
- Optional O/C max frequency @1190mhz (using setCPU)
- Default governor & frequency - "Smartass" @245-998 Mhz
- Available CPU Governors - Interactive, Conservative, Powersave, On-demand, Performance & Smartass!
- Interface to query/set cpu supply voltages for every frequency
- Increased read ahead buffer size to improve SD R/W performance("sdfix")
- Improved 2D & 3D Graphics performance ("GPU+")
- /data/app/ support
- EXT 4 for Data2SD
- Data2SD using the extremely stable latest Sibere Data2sd scripts (From personal experience, this appears to be the stablest Data2sd experience for Desire. The emphasis is on Stability and storage, rather than Quadrant scores. This Rom is indeed faster than the stock Sense experience though)
- Quadrant Benchmarks of an average of 1700 with Class 4 MicroSD (It improves with the class of your card).
- Fully De-odexed (For best modding experience)
- Zipaligned to improve RAM performance
- Nano command-line text editor support
- Bash command shell support
- Video Capture, 720p
- New superuser permissions 2.3.5 @ChainsDD
- Removed the annoying HTC Boot sound
- Themed icons (modpack) included with the Supercirclebatterymod
- Helicopter view Homescreen Rearrange option
- Most extensive Access point lists (APNs)
- Most extensive language and locale support
- Trackball Wake
- 4-in-one Reboot menu (modified from snq)
- VPN Support (tun.ko)
- Additional Keyboards-idrops and Android keyboard
- Android Market Update 2.3.4 ** NEW **
- Anti-Malware patch ** NEW **
- Adfree added, fixed and updated 0.6.4
- Latest Adfree hosts added
- Gmail 22.214.171.124 ** update **
- Google Maps 5.1.0 ** update **
- Facebook for Android 1.5.1 ** update **
- Gmail Unread Count Widget
- Sms Unread Count Widget
- Astro File manager 2.5.2
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.15 ** update **
- Youtube ** update **
- Massive APN List
- Massive Locale list
- Patches integrated (Reboot menu and other minor updates)
- Google Mail changed to Gmail
- My Backup Root 2.6.5**** App Updated ****
- Titanium Backup 126.96.36.199 **** App Updated ****
- Rom Manager 188.8.131.52 **** App Updated ****
- Quick App Remover
- XDA Forum App
- Locale/Language support includes:
- English (US, UK, India, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, South Africa, Israel, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine)
- French (France, Germany, Austria, Chile, Spain, Britain, Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, Israel)
- Norwegian Bokmål
- Chinese (China, HongKong, Taiwan)
[FONT="]Requirements[/FONT] and Installation Instructions: Please read the Instructions very carefully from the minisite before proceeding! Please do not ask questions which have already been answered in the minisite!
1. Kenny@Heylisten.org for hosting download
2. snq- and Sibere for their Kernels
3. dsixda for the Android Kitchen
4. Alex-V and Firerat for ROM cooking advice
5. Mendozinas and The UOT Kitchen for adding support for this Rom from the first day it was released!
6. Ownhere for the patched libsqlite
A big thanks to the following people for the generous Donations received:
If you're an XDA user and do donate, kindly include your XDA userid and email id (if different from your emailid registered at Paypal), in a mail/PM so that I can update this list with your userid. Donors can access direct links to the latest ROMs and Addons on the Premium page on the StarBurst site, as the ROM is updated.
Visit this page TO access Premium features available to only Donors.
Please bear with me if I've left out the names of any recent donors. This is because I'm away from the PC and can update webpages only when I'm back.
There are now three different versions of Data2SD:
W series (previously called Beta code):
Moves dalvik-cache and all system settings to nand. Superfast. Known Issues: Nand may fill up fast and impose an absolute limit on number of apps that may be installed. Should be enough for most people. If you face the issue, you can switch to X series.
Setting fix version (X series):
Difference from W sereis is that settings is left on Nand, while dalvik-cache of apps is moved to sdcard. So you dont get the limit of apps like W series. May be slightly worse in performance compared to W series
Stable version (tiny series):
/data completely shifted to Sdcard. Known issue: Settings (Wifi, language-if not set at first boot; etc ) revert to default on each reboot.