advice for an english speaker

D

dragonflyser

Neues Mitglied
my friend asked me to make his phone (defy red) better.
currently:
froyo 2.2.2
kernel 2.6.32.9...
build jorem_u3_3.4.2_177-3
have rooted and titanium backed up.
can i put cm7.2 easily on it? (my concern is that on the forum, it is followed by 2.3.7)? do i have to put new sbf on it first?
or should i use cm7 stable?
or what do you recommend?.
the most important thing is that it has complete functionality and will not need constant maintenence.
tia
(i am a noob to defy, but some experience with huawei rooting/flashing)

CM7 is the best choice if you don't want to maintain the defy. all nightlies are stable http://get.cm/?device=jordan
No need to flash a .sbf before, cause you are already on froyo
what you have to do is to install CWM with 2ndinit.apk, attached on this thread: https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...od-cwm-ueber-2ndinit-installieren.393171.html
enable debugging on your Phone, copy the .apk on your phone and start the app with a file-explorer. Install the CWM
after installing boot your phone two times!!
If your phone boots direktly into recovery, navigate with the Vol-keys and select with power to the boot-menue, go to "default" and select "normal"
Then boot your phone two times.
After the second boot, disable debugging!!!
Copy the Zip-file of your CM7 and the gapps to your SD-card
Reboot again. when the blue led appears while booting press the VolDown key and you will come into the recovery, where you can install a custom rom.
go into recovery -> boot-menue -> set default -> select "2ndInt"
go back
go into recovery -> Custom or stable recovery (DON'T STOCK RECOVERY!!!) -> install zip from sd-card -> select zip -> install
after this do a full wipe in your chosen recovery and boot your phone

I hope my english was understandable ;)

EDIT: forgot to say one thing: be sure to take a rom for the MB525 (jordan in the name) and not for MB526 (defy+ with jordan_plus in the name)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
just to confirm: i want to stay away from 10.0 ?
i just want the thing to fun fast and smoothly and not lose functionality of gps, camera and such.
so that i can revert to previous state, do i need to do the RSD Lite with JRDNEM_U3_2.21.0_SIGNED_UCAJRDNEMARAB1B80AA028.0R_USAJORDANRTDACH_P017_A003_HWp3_Service1FF.sbf.gz ?
or will it revert back with a factory reset?
thanks for the detailed walk through.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I would advise you the same. If you want to avoid lottery and hunting down various symptoms get CM7.2-stable or on of the later nightlies (my recommendation is the latest one, 20130301) and use it. It's smooth, stable and everything (almost) works without any tinkering.