[KERNEL][Samsung 4.3]SpeedWizz_N2[Beta][EX-FAT][OC-UV][01/22]

perog

perog

Stammgast
onlinelogomaker-090313-1938.png

This kernel is the result of a study aimed at achieving a balance between performance, efficiency in resource consumption and stability of use.
In any case I do not have the presumption to say that I reached the goal, for two reasons: it is still a project work - in - progress and secondly keep in mind that I am simply a person with a minimum of experience that attempts to understand how does a linux kernel and above all trying to figure out what are the implications of the introduction of a change compared to another.​

WICHTIGER HINWEIS:
Weder ich, noch Android-Hilfe.de, übernehmen eine Garantie auf Erfolg oder die Haftung für jegliche Beschädigungen an eurem Note 2.
Wenn ihr nicht sicher seid, was ihr macht, könnt ihr hier gerne Fragen stellen, aber wenn ihr danach immer noch nicht genau wisst, was ihr tut: Lasst es bleiben!
Daher flashen auf eigene Gefahr.

FEATURES

Here is the complete features set at the actual date build,

Current features
- Based off Samsung OSRC update 2, with official fixes (see below)
- Only samsung based roms!
- Autoroot feature, with the ability to disable the process on startup (see instructions below)
- Tar and zip format for both use in recovery and with Odin (mobile and desktop)
- Custom boot Logo at startup!
- Build date for kernel version instead of version number
- Compiled using Linaro toolchain 4.7.4
- O3 optimizations flag
- Overclock up to 1920mhz
- Support fot specific cpu topology
- Sched_MC_powersavings support
- TCP congestions type: Veno (default), Reno and cubic.
- Cpu undervolt via sysfs interface
- Mali 400mp Overclock and undervolt
- Many warning suppressed/fixed for an optimized, clean code
- Ex-Fat support
- SpeedWizz manager application included to manage almost the kernel features - courtesy of HMCarbide to let me use his application in to my kernel, all copyrights to him.
- Linux kernel 3.0.99
- Exynos exploit official fix
- Many optimization compiler flags
- Sudden Death Syndrome official fix
- Unsecured boot-image
- Used safe initramfs from DXMB2 to avoid EFS corruption
- Raised fb-early suspend delay for crt-off animation support
- full init.d support
- Post-init tweaks
- Thunderbolt tweaks
- GENTLE FAIR SLEEPERS by enabled default
- Sound codecs patched with Boeffla source code
- Boeffla sound app included - courtesy of Simone201 and AndiP to let me include their application in to my kernel.
- available governors : pegasusQ, LulzactiveQ, Zzmoove, performance
- Removed the following governors : Ondemand, powersave, userspace, conservative
- PegasusQ governor patched with the source code from siyah kernel for the GT I9300 (GokhanMoral) - some tweaks to the hot plugging feature of the pegasusQ governor
- Hardcore's speedmod patch (GT I9300)
- Turned off many logging and tracing
- Available I/O schedulers : noop, deadline, row (default), cfq, sio, zen
- Read ahead params set to 256 kb
- I/O tweaks
- proportional rate reduction
- Screen sharpness fix (now working as should)
- android logger is compiled as a module, user can decide when and if load in to kernel
- support for custom boot animation, either in /data/local or /system/media
- At first boot kernel will push in your system SpeedWizz Manager and Boeffla sound applications (free version)
- Optional Automatic zipallign feature for all applications in system and data partitions
- All partitions mounted with "noatime" option and other optimizations
- Dynamic FSYNCH support (Faux source)
- Fast charge sisfs interface
- Triangle away support​

CHANGELOG

SpeedWizz kernel 01/22

Changelogs from version 01/17

- More workaround to gain stability and exactly:
- input: evdev: Move wake_lock_destroy call
- ext4: prevent kernel panic in case of uninitialized jinode
- updated toolchain to 4.7.4 (target linux kernel 3.0.101, the actual kernel state)

- Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.6.5

- mmc: disable crc for better performance

- Added some script to handle GPU threshold (psndna88 for inspiration)

- When flashing zip version from recovery you will get a backup of init.d folder BEFORE this will get erased, directly on your internal sd card.

Changelogs from version 10/8

- ONLY for Samsung 4.3 JB rom

- Based on latest kernel sources from OSRC n7100-update3

- Linux kernel version 3.0.101

- LZMA compression for zImage and initrd.img

- CPU Boost driver

- Gentle Fair Sleepers disabled from kernel code

- SELinux is present but it's disabled at each boot.
WARNING: in case you want to switch to a different kernel that lead to SELinux permissive or enforcing mode you MUST reflash your rom entirely and then flash a different kernel. SELinux needs to boot on a labeled system: until you run a disabled selinux kernel labeling is NOT present and system will refuse to work unless you perform a labeling again.
Be aware.

- Ported almost all the features from old 4.1.2 kernel:

1. Overclock up to 1920 mhz
2. Undervolt
3. GPU control - undervolt and overclock
4. Many optimizations
5. Fade led notification
6. TouchWake with slide2wake feature (timeout 0)
7. zzmoove, pegasusQ, LulzactiveQ and others governors
8. Sio, row, zen, cfq, deadline (tweaked) and noop schedulers
9. Proportional rate reduction for TCP congestion
10. Disabled many logs
11. Android logger as module
12. Frandom built-in
13. Dynamic file system synch
14. Boeffla sound engine
15. Zipallign optional feature
15. Post-init tweaks
16. Init.d full support with busybox run parts

- Rewritten all the scripts to make them working with the new kernel code (due to some changes on GPU Overclock and undervolt). You can use the embedded app to configure almost every feature of the kernel, enjoy!

SpeedWizz kernel 10/08

Changelogs from version 09/30

- Triggered experimental option flags for compiler
Introduced two new flags: Graphite optimization and Link Time Optimization

- Reverted and re-applied (i hope in proper way) the fast charge feature
Beta testers reported as working, after the above correction.

- Enabled sysfs interface for frame buffer early suspend delay
Now we are able to set the delay using proper sysfs interface, with a range of options from 0 milliseconds to 700 milliseconds. To easily configure we can use speedwizz manager.

- Permanent filesystem TRIM

- Totally disabled samsung debug

- Linux kernel 3.0.99

- RAMDISK: Added earlysuspend delay related scripts.

For more details please refer to my github.

SpeedWizz kernel 09/30

Changelogs from version 09/24

- tmpfs: fix mempolicy object leaks

Patched mm/shmem.c to avoid several memory leaks caused by mpol allocated memory, errors parsing remount options will leaked mpol and multiple mpol per mount leak mpol. Credits as per related commit. Follow the link on description.​

- mach-exynos: cpuidle-exynos4: set logging default to disabled​

Trying a proper way to optimize kernel resources usage. From gokhan moral source tree.​

- power: reduce regulator initializations to regulator minima

With this modification we now use more undervolt (less voltage level) for Gpu and running stable.​

Before applying this patch, I can't use even -25 Mv. Now i can reach a stable -75 Mv without crash neither graphics glitches.​

Anyway, at the moment, the undervolt scripts in ramdisk are the same of the previous release.​

- cpupower: update the cpu_power according to cpu load

When the lowest frequencies are used, we are in a light load use case and we increase the cpu capacity to keep these light tasks on CPU0. This patch was originally used by AndreiLux in his Perseus, and i think it could be implemented to reach a better balance between performances and battery life.​

- Correctly applied the screen sharpness to our hardware

- Moving boot partitions to probe

This should grant Triangle Away support, need to be tested by others than me.​

- Added fast charge - thanks Yank555-lu

With this modification we now should, i repeat SHOULD, be able to use the same power output for both A/C and USB charging case. And also we should be able to set our custom power level for both.​

Default is disabled, you can use speedwizz manager to set things as desired.​

PLEASE IGNORE THE OUTPUT PRINTED BY TRICKSTERMOD, i will investigate why it show an ENABLED message despite the real state of the sysfs interface.​

Also you should know that for your safety i deliberately omitted the option to enable FAILSAFE: It can be used to allow anything up to 2.1A to be used as AC / USB custom current. The sysfs interface is there but there isn't a script to manage this option because i think it's too dangerous for your data. Use it at your own risk.​

- Linux 3.0.74

- RAMDISK: Corrected almost all scripts to let show the coerent increasing order as per choice.​

- RAMDISK: fixed the scripts for sched_mc_pwersavings, now will echoes the correct values.​

- RAMDISK: simplified the GPU overclock scripts removing the frequencies steps from description choiche menu (i noticed overlapp between values). Now you will see only Low, Medium, High, High+, High++.​

- RAMDISK: Added the related scripts for all the new features.​

- RAMDISK: Made the Zipallign feature as optional. Use the speedwizz manager to manage the feature.​

- RAMDISK: removed the option for manage the gentle_fair_sleepers, as this debug feature is totally removed since 24/09 release, sorry for the inconvenience.​

DOWNLOADS

Can find kernel zips and tar on the top of the page linked below​

INSTALLATION

Download kernel as zip archive and put in recovery. Reboot in recovery and wipe your cache. If you are switching trough kernel compiled with different toolchain a wipe dalvik-cache is also suggested. Flash kernel and reboot.​

If you are using Odin (mobile or desktop) than download kernel as TAR archive. Reboot in recovery once time to wipe cache and (optional) dalvik-cache. Turn yor phone off and rebbot in download mode. Attach usb port to a PC (make sure you have installed proper drivers) and open Odin program as administrator: connect phone to usb cable and wait for communication port initializing. Now select from PDA tab the TAR file with the kernel and click on start. Wait for the process until it ends and when your phone reboot de-tach usb cable. Enjoy!​

HOW TO USE
To configure kernel parameters you can use SpeedWizz Manager inlcuded application. This app is based on the original script manager written by HMCarbide (thanks for let me use).
After flashing the kernel in /res/scripts (on the root of the ramdisk) will be stored many scripts that, when selected using the app, will be loaded in init.d folder and will be executed instantly. For each option selected corresponds a script. This is a work in progress, and in future will be added many more option to let configure the kernel for almost all the supported features.​

NOTE1: The options selected will be operational ALSO at each reboot. If you accidentally have enabled some weird option (too many low voltages for example) to make your device boot properly you may need to reset the init.d folder and remove all scripts from here. JUST reflash the kernel using RECOVERY: in updater-script there is a command that will remove totally init.d folder and his contents.
At next boot, kernel will create a new folder.​

NOTE2: To enable logcat just run speedwizz manager application and hit the check box related. Reboot and use logcat normally. To disable open application and deselect that option: at next boot logcat is disabled (this is the default setting).​

NOTE3: Kernel comes with autoroot. So if you don't care of counter increments you can flash this on top of a stock rom to obtain root and busybox. On the other side, if your phone is already rooted or have busybox or both, the root process is bypassed leaving untouched the situation.​

To disable root (for example to use SkyGo application or similar) just create an empty file called​

Code:
noroot

in your sdcard and reboot. At next boot kernel will remove root feature TOTALLY. To re-enable root just delete this file (of course you can use stock file manager to do this, no root needed :p ) and reboot again.

CREDITS

The speedwizz kernel includes many patches from other experienced developers. Keep in mind that ALL commits in my github are already credited in detailed and proper way.​

Anyway here is a list of people that i would to thank for their awesome work.​

- AndreiLux (for gpucontrols, SDS and exynos exploit fixes)​

- GokhanMoral (for PegasusQ governor tweaks and other patches)​

- Simone201 (main linux version updating, several patches and boeffla sound control)​

- Hardcore (speedmod S3 patches used for my initial kernel releases)​

- ptmr3 (for Overclock interface)​

- Googy_anas (some ideas and patches)​

- AndiP (Boeffla sound mod and application)​

- Angelom (my favourite developer)​

- Faux123 (dynamic fsynch and many patches)​

- FranciscoFranco (main linux kernel patches updates)

- Netharchy (Gpu control)
- Wanam (undervolt interfaces)
- Sakuramilk (for custom boot logo inspiration)
- Pluccio (Tester)
- loudness79 (tester)
- Acr101 (for suggestions across kernel testing and governor tweaks)
- HMCarbide (for his awesome script manager application
- Stratosk (for his customization scripts)
- Sarcastillo (many patches and ideas)
- Chainfire (Superuser and for being God of root)
- Nazar78 (for bootanimation support)​

A special thanks to my voyage companions of the Blue Oyster Team
- Giuros77
- Janobifronte
- Crisgen
- Picciotto

Reminder: You can find all credited developers directly on kernel page and in my github. If i forgotten anyone please advise me​

SpeedWizz Kernel is powered by Blue Oyster Team​

e9k6.jpg

Speedwizz Kernel XDA

XDA:DevDB Information
SpeedWizz N2 , a Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
umberto1978, simone201,AndiP,AndreiLux,DerTeufel1980, GokhanMoral,Hardcore, psndna88, ptmr3,Googy_anas,Angelom,Faux123,FranciscoFranco,N etharchy,Wanam,Sakuramilk,Pluccio,loudness79,Acr10 1,HMCarbide,Stratosk,Sarcastillo,Chainfire,Nazar78
Kernel Special Features: Support only for samsung based roms, custom boot animation support, HardFloat and NEON support, ARM specific CPU topology, Overclock, Undervolt, GPU control, EXFAT, Linaro toolchain 4.7.4, Custom Boot Logo.

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-22

Created 2013-09-24
Last Updated 2014-01-22

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: Cpt. Future und DirtyKlot
HAb den auch heute früh entdeckt ... hast ihn schon drauf?
Irgendwelche Fehler entdeckt?

Servus Woschdi,

habe ihn seit knapp drei Stunden drauf. Bis jetzt läuft er fehlerfrei. Schön schnell. Lags konnte ich noch keine feststellen. Stabilitätstest ohne Probleme durchlaufen. Speedwizzmanager App wird mit geflasht. Muss ich mir aber noch in Ruhe anschauen. Der erste Eindruck ist auf jeden Fall positiv.

LG

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: Xrunner
Moin, habe ihn jetzt auch drauf (seit ca ner Stunde) ... mache auch gerade den Stabilitätstest.
Triangle Away wird nicht unterstützt (man kann den Counter nur über den DL Modus sehen bzw resetten)
Den Splashscreen finde ich wesentlich schöner als das Note 2 Logo!

Ansonsten habe ich bisher noch keine Auffälligkeiten ;)

• Danke
Reaktionen: perog
Läuft seit 3 Tagen problemlos. Weiss jemand, was es mit dem integrierten Boeffla-Sound auf sich hat, ob der was taugt?

• Danke
Gleich mal testen. :D

Das App wird bei der Installation des Kernels automatisch mitinstalliert.

Ich bin sehr positiv von dem Kernel überrascht, läuft fehlerfrei und schnell.

• Danke
Wie lange läuft es fehlerfrei und, mit welcher Rom? Ich habe mit Goa und den verschiedensten Kernel, immer wieder Neustarts erlebt. Momentan habe ich Goa mit dem Stock-Kernel am laufen, ohne Probleme!

• Danke
Reaktionen: skysat
Hört sich interessant an aber ich verstehe nicht ganz wieso hier Linux 3.0.70 verwendet wird !? Mittlerweile ist 3.0.96 raus und selbst der Stock DMG1 hat 3.0.81.

Wieder runter geflogen. Habe keinen Ton via HDMI... :(

Ich bin auch wieder zur Roten Pille.
Hatte irgendwie im standby kein Sync mehr, bekam immer erst Emails usw. Wenn ich den Bildschirm angemacht habe.

Hab keine Probleme mit dem Kernel, alles funzt fehlerfrei.

Update 09/30

Download und Changelog im Startpost

Die Version vom 24/09 lief bei mir auch ohne Probleme seit Release des Kernel. Bin echt positiv überrascht. Mal schauen wie der neue läuft. Bin aber im Moment mit Freds/Bangstis Rom unterwegs und bleib auch ertsmal drauf. Ist mal wieder super Arbeit die unser Fred abliefert:smile:.

LG

• Danke
Reaktionen: Mayday
Gefühlt läuft das Note mit dem neuen Kernel etwas schneller.

Update
http://speedwizzproject-theneworder.blogspot.it/p/speedwizz-kernel-n2.html?m=1

Changelog seit letzter Version:

SpeedWizz kernel 10/08
Changelogs from version 09/30
-*Triggered experimental option flags for compilerIntroduced two new flags: Graphite optimization and Link Time Optimization
-*Reverted and re-applied (i hope in proper way) the fast charge featureBeta testers reported as working, after the above correction.
-*Enabled sysfs interface for frame buffer early suspend delayNow we are able to set the delay using proper sysfs interface, with a range of options from 0 milliseconds to 700 milliseconds. To easily configure we can use speedwizz manager.
-*Permanent filesystem TRIM
-*Totally disabled samsung debug
- Linux kernel 3.0.99
-*RAMDISK
:*Added earlysuspend delay related scripts.

• Danke
Startpost wieder aktuell

Für mich persönlich im Moment der beste Sammy-Kernel. Habe den aktuellen seit gestern Abend drauf und konnte bis jetzt keine Fehler feststellen. Schön schnell und stabil. Akkuverbrauch ist auch in Ordnung. Kann ich nur empfehlen.

Gruß

Habe ihn auch seit gestern Abend drauf und während der 8 Stunden Schlaf ist er gerade mal 1% runter. Sonst würde ich Deine Worte unterschreiben schnell und stabil :).

Ich habe es auch seit gestern installiert, mit der Goa. Ohne nennenswerte Änderungen (alle Standortdiensta waren aktiv) hatte ich 0,4%/h Akkuverbrauch über Nacht! Governor pegasusq, nichtmal zzmove!

Gleiche Kombination bei mir ;)