Odys Neo - Thread for international users [English]

JochenKauz schrieb:
Hi,
you have 2 possibilities

1. use an app like No-frills CPU Control to change the governor from interaktiv to ondemand/conservative. Or use the app to change the max cpu from 1200 to 1,008 GHz, perhaps you try also 1,104GHz.
2. you can give this kernel a try:
JK-kepler2-1024MB-notoverclocked-batteryfix-20121101.7z
It is the Smartpad810C kernel of yatto/xteam, with the battery fix applied, patched to 1024MB, and compiled with an eyefriendly boot logo.

;) Thank you sooooooo much!! I cant say more than that... You are the best dude... I think i will try this kernel and i will see the results... You are fast!!!! :thumbup: I will report later...

JochenKauz schrieb:
Hi,
you have 2 possibilities

1. use an app like No-frills CPU Control to change the governor from interaktiv to ondemand/conservative. Or use the app to change the max cpu from 1200 to 1,008 GHz, perhaps you try also 1,104GHz.
2. you can give this kernel a try:
JK-kepler2-1024MB-notoverclocked-batteryfix-20121101.7z
It is the Smartpad810C kernel of yatto/xteam, with the battery fix applied, patched to 1024MB, and compiled with an eyefriendly boot logo.

thx JochenKauz. Now works fine without overclock. no rotation even applying all oma fix rotation.

Compile and stop running max overclock 1104 mhz would be a great idea. Using Apps for the job do not work well, I never ever again ignore kernel frequency.

danke once more. :thumbup:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
JochenKauz schrieb:
No, no... too much honor for me.

I'm only a kernel builder who has found the mediacom sources of yatto/xteam. I use this sources for my own project in getting a working kernel, including an autorotation fix, for my NEOX8. I think that yatto, joaquin, vurrut, etc. all use one base and then developed their own forks, like me.

Credits goes to yatto/xteam/joaquim

Here is another kernel, the same as the last akkufix kernel from me, but with an more eye friendly boot logo:thumbup:
JK-kepler2-1024MB-batteryfix-20121101.7z

Known Problems:
Autorotation not working.

I'm working on this problem for my NEOX8 kernel. If I find a solution, I try to integrate it into the kepler2 kernel, so stay tuned!

you deserve all our respects. a pleasure to meet you JochenKauz
you are so good, and so fast JochenKauz :thumbsup: :love: LOL

for some people overclock 1,2ghz is not working properly because the tablet freezes, mmm...but in my experience my tablet is ok...you know, all the tablets are not identical and in terms of OC shit happens, it is completely normal

i will stay tuned superJochenKauz , danke ++
thx OMA too...great halloween night :thumbsup:

On my experience I recomment strongly to limit kernel to 1104 MHz.

:thumbup:

• Danke
Reaktionen: pais83 und lmemperador
Thx oma i agree with you. Safe oc is better

:thumbup:

Okay... not too much overclocking.

Give this kernel a try, does it work better?

Anhänge

• JK-kepler2-1024MB-overclocked1104-akkufix.7z
    2,7 MB · Aufrufe: 128
  • Danke
JochenKauz schrieb:
Okay... not too much overclocking.

Give this kernel a try, does it work better?

tested, all is ok,
only rotation do not works as expected. even aplying the rotation fix patch form oma jb rom 1.22

let's wait for other opinions for the stable oc (remember mine was fine at 1,2 ghz) but i can see in setcpu and similar that cpu freq max is still 1,2 ghz, maybe the app is reporting bad the cpu freq? lol... i like 1,2 ghz:rolleyes2:

thx so much JochenKauz

Hmm..
It still reports 1.2Ghz...
Then was my quick patch not successful. Have to look at it in more detail.

Gesendet von meinem Neo-X8 mit der Android-Hilfe.de App

• Danke
JochenKauz schrieb:
Hmm..
It still reports 1.2Ghz...
Then was my quick patch not successful. Have to look at it in more detail.

Gesendet von meinem Neo-X8 mit der Android-Hilfe.de App

I have tested your kernel in Kepler 2 with XTeam JB and EVERYTHING works!!! (not overclocked) Rotation too :love::love::love: I cant believe it... I havent tested Oma Jb, but... You are my herooo!! Thank you so much!!!

• Danke
djkail schrieb:
EVERYTHING works!!! (not overclocked) Rotation too :love::love::love: I cant believe it...

Wait, wait... autorotation work? In notoverclocked kernel?

Fine!

And thank you for this information, cause with this information I was able to solve the problem on NEOX8 too!

Next days I will have a look into frequency tables for releasing a Kepler2 with 1,1GHz and autorotation fixed. It is a little bit difficult to figure that out, cause I don't have a kepler2 with 1024MB. Stay tuned... next release is on the way

• Danke
Reaktionen: lmemperador und pais83
JochenKauz schrieb:
Fine!

And thank you for this information, cause with this information I was able to solve the problem on NEOX8 too!

Next days I will have a look into frequency tables for releasing a Kepler2 with 1,1GHz and autorotation fixed. It is a little bit difficult to figure that out, cause I don't have a kepler2 with 1024MB. Stay tuned... next release is on the way

You are welcome. And thank you... I think i will stay with notoverclocked kernel but its good for other users if they want some extra perfomance... It runs great for me! :cool2:
Edit: One more thing... We are reporting better battery duration with your kernel... More good news!!!

thank you so much JochenKauz, you rules!

I'm happy to see you can solve your problems with the rotation on the x8 too

JochenKauz schrieb:
Fine!

great!!! good to hear that you fix that in NEOX8... :thumbsup:
take your time... and enjoy the weekend

thx again master

my companions was right, battery duration is better with your kernel, much better

Okay folks,
her is a test kernel for all the people who like overclocking. Due to some problems with the 1200MHz version, I integrated the overclocking feature of Astralix I use with my newest X8 kernel.

Features:
Overclocked CPU 1104MHz
Minimum CPU 24MHz
DDR Ram Speed 456MHz

Use at your own risk.

Credits to yatto/Xteam/Joaquim/Astralix/Oma...

Please also try the sensor fix, it should solve the autorotation in this overclocked kernel.

Anhänge

• JK-kepler2-1024MB-overclocked1104_20121103.7z
    2,7 MB · Aufrufe: 316
  • Oma_JB_v1.2_Modell_fix_kepler2_overclocked1104.zip
    259,2 KB · Aufrufe: 100
  • Danke
work fine on my tablet, no crashes at all

Der ursprüngliche Beitrag von 18:52 Uhr wurde um 18:58 Uhr ergänzt:

wow antutu total score: 3104

pais83 schrieb:
work fine on my tablet, no crashes at all

Der ursprüngliche Beitrag von 18:52 Uhr wurde um 18:58 Uhr ergänzt:

wow antutu total score: 3104
Great!

Okay, then I can keep this kernel as a final version 0.1.:thumbsup:

If you want or have fun testing a next kernel release, please tell me.
I'm in the beginning to have a merge with Astralix kernel, so we can form a kernel that is compilable for different RK2918 boards. That would make it possible to have only one source witch must be updated for future android versions.

• Danke
Reaktionen: lmemperador und pais83