Target device: GRA-L09 (Huawei P8)
(Reported to work on UL-10 too)
* Your warranty is now void.
* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
- 13.0 version is totally based on @nexolight work, I just built LineageOS instead of CyanogenMod. The main difference is the new Theme Chooser.
- 14.1 is the main goal of this project, building 13.0 was only the first step.
Be sure a MM stock firmware is installed on your phone.
Be sure you know what you are doing, you know to use adb and fastboot, you know to unbrick your device.
Download all the files you need and keep them at hand.
Copy gapps into sd card or into Internal Storage or a OTG usb. I used an OTG usb
- unlock bootloader
- install official twrp from here.
- boot into twrp
- make a full backup of you current rom
- wipe system, dalvik, cache and data partitions. Do not wipe internal storage and sd card. Be aware wipe can be slow
- reboot into bootloader either from twrp or using adb command
adb reboot bootloader
- flash boot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
(if the second command doesn't give any output, stop it with CTRL-C, disconnect and reconnect the usb cable, type the command again) this works for me and usually happens when flashing from OSX, may not work for you. I take no responsibility if you damage your device.
- reboot to recovery (disconnect cable and reboot using Vol+ and power)
- install nano open gapps ARM64 - 6.0 (optional)
- reboot into system
Have a look at the download section
or at AndroidFileHost
* Initial release
- Camera (Use an app with the old api like footej for video recording)
- WiFi + Tethering
- Bluetooth + Tethering
- Audio output (Speaker, Headphones, A2DP) / Mic
- RIL (Read the bugs before you complain about signal strenght)
- Backlight and LEDs
- HWC (@XePeleato)
- CPU and GPU are fine
- Power profile (stock is somehow messed up 0o)
- All the sensors
- TWRP-3.0.2 Vanilla & Materialized dark
- NO Bootanimation (you can set one using the Theme Chooser, look for free theme LineUI on the Playstore to get the default lineage one)
- Signal isn't correctly reported but is as fast as it should be. (When you usually have 2 bars and 0 bars are reported you still have 2 bars in practice...) #medium-low - it's annoying
- USB_Tethering doesn't work yet (wifi is fine)
- Mac address changes with each restart (workaround here )
- Youtube (general?) video playback @60 fps doesn't work.
- FM Radio (no work done so far)
Still WIP, nothing to show yet.
I'll upload sources and .img once it builds properly and boots. Don't expect it to happen soon
* you, yes you who are reading, maybe using and hopefully nicely reporting bugs
Unofficial LineageOS, ROM for the Huawei P8
AD2076, nexolight, XePeleato,Meticulus,surdu_petru, more I maybe forgot
Source Code: CM Huawei P8 Development · GitHub
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS
Current Beta Version: 13.0
Beta Release Date: 2017-04-06
Last Updated 2017-04-11