[Recovery] TWRP for the XT925

P

Patrick89bvb

Enthusiast
[Recovery] TWRP v2.2.2.1 for the XT925 - xda-developers

Eine weiter alternative Recovery für XT925

Diesmal von madmonkey57 veröffentlicht.

VORAUSSETZUNG: Root und geöffneten Bootloader.

madmonkey57 schrieb:
DISCLAIMER

USE THIS SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PC OR PHONE OR ANY EQUIPMENT ATTACHED GET DAMAGED / BROKEN / UNUSABLE.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU SOMEHOW GET IN TROUBLE, HURT OR INJURED.

PURPOSE

The purpose of this thread is to provide XT925 owners with links and instructions on how to install the TWRP v2.2.2.1 custom recovery (touch version).

CREDITS

I take absolutely no credits at all for this. I don't know who ported TWRP for the XT925. All links and instructions come from this post from m.pierce. Many thanks to him/her.

REQUIREMENTS

- A Motorola RAZR HD XT925 with an unlocked bootloader
- Fastboot command line executables for Windows, Linux and Mac
- The TWRP recovery image
- [Optional] The Root.zip package (i.e install this package through the recovery to root your device)

INSTRUCTIONS

1/ Boot up your device in Fastboot Mode (while your device is on, hold Vol-/Vol+/Power buttons for a few seconds until the screen turns black, then release Power. Another few seconds later comes up the boot menu. Release Vol-/Vol+, then quickly press Vol- a few times to highlight "Fastboot" then Vol+ to trigger it).

2/ Back to your computer, make sure your fastboot files and the recovery image are in the same directory in order to proceed with the flashing, then run the fastboot command from a console/terminal:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-hdrecovery.img

That's it, you're done! From then on, you can use the custom recovery to make nandroid backups, install zipped package files, install custom ROMs, ...

For instance, if you want to root the currently installed ROM, you would install the Root.zip package.

HOW TO SWITCH TO THE CUSTOM RECOVERY?

While your device is on, hold Vol-/Vol+/Power buttons for a few seconds until the screen turns black, then release Power. Another few seconds later comes up the boot menu. Release Vol-/Vol+, then quickly press Vol- a few times to highlight "Recovery" then Vol+ to trigger it.

Enjoy!

Jeden Erfahrungbericht und Informationen zum Recovery ist hier gerngesehen.