Odys Neo - Thread for international users [English]

Hi djkail,
you don't bother me...
Always nice to see our spanish friends here!

I think he has not used an actual kernel or Rom, or installed the model fix for JB.

Stay tuned... next normal JB release is comming, I have raised the frequency of the Ram... gives a few more Antutu points.:smile:

• Danke
Reaktionen: djkail
Ah... Ok!!! :biggrin: I would like to ask you something... Could you make a kernel for CM10 without OC (rotation fix)? You know... for people who dont want to burn their devices... xD Thank you again my friend!!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hi again. I have to report again. My Spanish forum friends were true! There is a problem with rotation in cm10 and your kernel. I didn't notice it before because I used it with my hands instead of using a tablet support. Tablet only change from portrait to landscape if it's in 90 degrees. If its under 90 it will not change rotation. That's why they said you have to tilt... maybe a video will show you better. But its too late. Maybe its something related to cm10 configuration and it doesn't have to be related to kernel... can you ask it to OMA? Thank you again.

Hi djkail,
I don't think it is something wrong in the kernel, it is more something related to CM10.
As you said, if you turn it, it flips when new Position horizontal or vertical is reached. Thats something I really like, because I think it is wrong to flip if I turn it only 30 degrees.
Both kernel, the JB and the CM10 are identical, except that I changed the x, y and z axis to match for CM10. If you look in the app androsensor on JB and CM10, you could see that the values of x, y, z axis are the same.
Sorry, but thats something Rom specific, not kernel specific.

But I think Oma could better explain this.

• Danke
Reaktionen: djkail
Maybe its CM10 related. But its not 30 degrees!!! Its 85 degrees!!! :confused: I mean... Its almost vertical to make it work... I will try to upload a video to show you the problem today. I hope OMA could do something about this... :huh:

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
If you want, you can make a video, but I know what you described. I'm really happy that the tablet only flips if it is in complete horizontal or vertical position, and not before. So for me it is not an error or a problem, it is a feature.:thumbup:

New kernel release..

Update 9 (12.01.2013)
Changed Toolchain to OSELAS gcc 4.6.2
new feature:
smaller kernel.img
round about 10% faster
External Hub aktivated
DVB driver added

• Danke
Reaktionen: djkail, mardon und lmemperador
Thank you so much JK! Testing... :thumbup:

Update 10 (21.01.2013)
Fixed a bug in the CM10 release. Rotation was not working correct.

Report:

Everything works... even better! :thumbup: Good job. It runs smooth and USB hub is working fine. I cant test if DVB is working because i dont have one, and I dont imagine how to make it work... :confused2: Its windows stuff... you know.. :tongue: or not? Thank you so much. You have made our Kepler 2 a great tablet!!! :p

• Danke
Reaktionen: JochenKauz
thx mr perfect_kernel_man
my respects
thumbs up bro

• Danke
Reaktionen: JochenKauz
Thank's for the positiv response, and many greetings to spain!

Yes it runs smoother, thanks to the toolchain builders. The gcc is an optimized version for Cortex A8.

What about Pascal 2?

• Danke
Reaktionen: lmemperador
JochenKauz schrieb:
Thank's for the positiv response, and many greetings to spain!

Yes it runs smoother, thanks to the toolchain builders. The gcc is an optimized version for Cortex A8.

What about Pascal 2?

only tried in kepler2

i will test it in pascal 2 and feedback to u (i left this kernel coz of the problem of usb not mounting well in jb roms --> mass storage) but this was the best kernel i have tried so far. no problems at all, very fast, and battery friendly...that mass storgae problem is related to roms, maybe now i will find a rom with that fixed...i will see :rolleyes2:

thx a lot master JochenKauz
lord JochenKauz :)

Negativ. You will not find JB roms can mount a partition on the NAND as mass_storage. This will continue in
Android 4.2.1. Multi user management and mass_storage mode is a hudge problem ...

However for me it's not a relevant problem. My builds work with the extSD mounted as NAND. So everything
what you do is on the extSD. You can see this also in mass_storage mode.

With v1.2.3 I've extended internal storage to 2.3 GB, so the user partition on the NAND is stub (on my Loox
with 4 GB NAND). If you do have 8 GB NAND you can anyway use it for media content.

For me the main advantages of this solution are:
- endless space to install Gameloft Data
- files are safe when system crashes
- all data are avialable when I change the firmware

Hope this helps.

:thumbup:

Anhänge

• v2.4_07a.png
    v2.4_07a.png
    45,9 KB · Aufrufe: 296
  • v2.4_07.png
    v2.4_07.png
    30,2 KB · Aufrufe: 284
  • Danke
Reaktionen: djkail und lmemperador
Oma7144 schrieb:
Negativ. You will not find JB roms can mount a partition on the NAND as mass_storage. This will continue in
Android 4.2.1. Multi user management and mass_storage mode is a hudge problem ...

However for me it's not a relevant problem. My builds work with the extSD mounted as NAND. So everything
what you do is on the extSD. You can see this also in mass_storage mode.

With v1.2.3 I've extended internal storage to 2.3 GB, so the user partition on the NAND is stub (on my Loox
with 4 GB NAND). If you do have 8 GB NAND you can anyway use it for media content.

For me the main advantages of this solution are:
- endless space to install Gameloft Data
- files are safe when system crashes
- all data are avialable when I change the firmware

Hope this helps.

thx a lot master, i will try to explain, but sorry if my english dont match with real english... :razz:

yeah you are right, mass storage works with your default config for gamers (extsd mounted as nand), but with that config my pascal2 do not enters in powersave mode (suspend mode) and my battery is less longer than when the tablet enters in suspend mode correctly (ics roms for example) ... i dont know why. but it is a fact. i will try your last builds of jb and cm10 and give it a try. maybe is working. that would be great

anyway, thanks a lot for your cooperation citizens. thumbs up always for you all. :cool2:

oma & JochenKauz
thx a lot guys

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
If you want the old mount points, install Oma_intSD_NAND.zip after the format_NAND.
This will change this back to StockRom behavior, something I prefer also.

• Danke
Reaktionen: lmemperador
JochenKauz schrieb:
If you want the old mount points, install Oma_intSD_NAND.zip after the format_NAND.
This will change this back to StockRom behavior, something I prefer also.

4sure, yep, but if i remember well then in mass storage, only mounts the small partition (nand) and sdext no (sdext is most important for me :crying: ), and btw when you unplug the usb cable, the card that cant be mounted in windows is also lost in the android, i mean, if you go to the sdcard not mounted before, you dont see nothing in root explorer , for example.

this happens if you apply the Oma_intSD_NAND.zip
if you dont apply this then this happens but in reverse mode, i prefer this mode (sdext as nand - gamer LOL)... but ...hehehe, suspend mode problem. well dont worry at all, no problem mates

i will try again, all the things, maybe it will work now...

thx a lot citizens of the world - very appreciated your help from little spain (corrupted 100% btw)

Hi again JK! How are you? :laugh: I was testing some more your last kernel in my kepler 2. AWESOME...! I cant say anymore... :lol: I only have to do a little petition to you... I hope you can help... I see that kernel is a *.img file so we have to flash it with RKTools, but in XTEAM JB there are some OTAs that change our kernel. This makes tablet freeze, and it is unable to boot... We have to power off and run RKTools to flash only kenel file. So, Is it posible to make a ZIP to update kernel via recovery? (I hope that will be safe :blink: for our tablets). I know that you have to use kitchen (I made some zips for my old Defy) but i dont know how to convert *.img file to required flashable zip files... Any ideas?

• Danke
Reaktionen: JochenKauz und lmemperador
Well, XTeam have a pretty cool JB build. We will support that, too.

Attached a "kernel flasher". Just open with a zipper and replace your specific kernel.img.

Anhänge

• crewrktablet_rk29_cwm_flash_kernel.zip
    8,5 MB · Aufrufe: 140
  • Danke
Reaktionen: djkail und lmemperador