[ENGLISH] Open Recovery feedback

I tried the new nandroid and decided to stay at the old version for my TimeTurn mod script - that tag concept is nice, but it has too much options and is to complicated with all that partitions most users don't need - compression is nice but takes forever and that nandroids are stored in a different way and folder is only confusing users.

• Danke
Reaktionen: Skrilax_CZ
Yes compressing takes forever, and I always use it with the autoreboot option.

Anyway some bugs emerged and are fixed in 1.36 (DL link in 1st post).

Fixed:
- nandroid: pressing backup all without apps2sd would fail with a message stating that the ext2 partition could not be mounted (however selecting all partitions and pressing "backup selected" worked properly, because the ext2 partition was filtered out).
- console: cursor blinking fixed
- ui: squirtle theme fixed (scrollbar, LED color)

Files changed from 1.35:
/bin/nandroid-backup_openrecovery.sh
/bin/nandroid-restore_openrecovery.sh (cosmetic changes only)
/res.squirtle/ui.prop
/sbin/open_rcvr.SHOLS
/sbin/open_rcvr.TITA
/sbin/open_rcvr.STCU

• Danke
Reaktionen: TimeTurn und -FuFu-
thanks
now looks like its ready for stable release ;)

compressing i never use, i have many space left on my sdcard, but maybe some people will use it i think...

• Danke
-FuFu- schrieb:
thanks
now looks like its ready for stable release ;)

Unfortunately no :(

Version 1.37 in the first post.

Bugfixes
- fixed nandroid restore not properly restoring yaffs2 partitions in old format
- fixed nandroid restore not restoring compressed backups
- fixed nandroid backup not taking md5 checksums

Changes
- console buffers up to 1000 lats printed lines (extended from 200)

Nandroid backups with the new method 1.30 - 1.36 will restore properly (submitting empty md5 file to md5sum will not throw error :x ).

Files changed from 1.36:
/bin/nandroid-backup_openrecovery.sh
/bin/nandroid-restore_openrecovery.sh
/sbin/open_rcvr.SHOLS
/sbin/open_rcvr.TITA
/sbin/open_rcvr.STCU

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: MotoRoPraStone, TimeTurn und -FuFu-
maybe now its final ;)

i dont find any other bugs at this time

• Danke
That nandroid problem occured on my stone as well after selecting "all" - stopps with that ext2 error.

However - I took the old nandroid and gave it a complete refresh (in english now), removed everything not used in OR - works perfect for me :)

Anyway thanks for fixing those bugs :)

• Danke
Skrilax_CZ schrieb:
Well don't know what the terminfo variable serves for but the OR console uses pseudoterminal (/dev/pts/x).
Well, to be able to use some more advanced linux utils such as console text editors (e.g. nano, joe) and mc (midnight commander), either the OR console needs to implement the major capabilities of one of the commonly used terminal implementations (linux, xterm, ansi or vt100) or we can create and compile its own terminfo definition that will preciously describe the current OR console capabilities.
See:
http://catb.org/esr/terminfo/termtypes.ti.gz
Terminfo - IBM

Also, it would be nice to implement the function keys - I suggest using half pressed camera button + 1..0 keys for F1..F10.
ESC key could be the fully pressed camera button.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Ah, thanks.

I started implementing the vt100 escape characters ( foreground color, cursor to x,y from top-left, clear below cursor ), well things you need to clear the screen and display "ls" with colors. I think it would be better to create a custom terminfo defition but at some point when some amount of the capabilities is implemented - cursor moving, background color, maybe render the font again (for bold & italic and more characters - the font only needs to be monospaced 10x18 and in greyscale (can be up to 8bit)) etc ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The 1.37 is now the stable version. Source code download link added to first post.

• Danke
Reaktionen: TimeTurn und -FuFu-
Cool - thanks for the great work! :thumbup:

• Danke
Funny as hell xD Version 1.37 is the third version I tried and it still doesnt work :D Stop!!! It is not funny, I just laugh :D

Veri bed engrish :lol:

• Danke
Reaktionen: MotoRoPraStone
ok dann sag mir was falsch war ich bin immer willig zu lernen

Sagen wir es mal so: ich musste 3x lesen um die Ironie zu erkennen, die in dem Wortgebilde zwischen den Smilies versteckt ist :scared:

Also ich hab jetzt echt alles probiert und ich krieg die OR einfach nciht zum laufen! Ach ja: die TimeTurn OR läuft auch nicht. Ich gebs langsam echt auf :angry:

fehlermeldung?
alles richtig auf die sdcard kopiert?

Hängt immernoch bei der busybox -.-

hast du deine sdcard mal auf fehler überprüft?
bzw. hast du den Ordner OpenRecovery komplett auf die sdcard kopiert?
denn es ist schon komisch, das es anscheind nur bei dir nicht will...

ja sd karte ist überprüft und keine fehler gefunden. die einzige OR die funktioniert is die GOT. sowas is doch total irrational o.O ich probier jetzt einfach mal ne andere SD, wo nur die OR drauf is

Zuletzt bearbeitet: