[ROM][PORT][4.0.3 - XXLPH] Galaxy S II's ICS Firmware [Pre-Alpha v3][04-3-12]

Sorry für den Doppelpost, aber laut mkalter soll das Update noch diese oder nächste Woche kommen!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I have been looking into the porting the latest ROM for the past few weeks. I have noticed that Samsung has been making continuous changes to their ICS ROMs.

To hurry with ICS on Galaxy S2, Samsung have decided to port the old stuff to the new kernel. For instance, ALSA is deprecated in ICS and is replaced by tinyalsa, but on Samsung ROMs, you will still see the old ALSA. This causes ABI breakage when we try to mix the Galaxy S libraries with the ones from Galaxy S2. They number of issues are starting to get worse with the new ROMs that are being released.

LPH was a great rom in which almost 70% of the stuff worked. As far as the new firmwares are concerned, there are lots and lots of new bugs that have crept in.

The java stuff in the framework and services could be modded as required with a basic smali editing, however it is quite hard to decompile the libraries or make any changes to existing ones.

I will spend sometime in this weekend to see how far I could get this going.

Im Moment macht Samsung wohl Stress, weil die alle Naselang was ändern.
Die neuen Firmware haben wohl eine Menge Bugs, durch die er sich erst mal wühlen muss.

So wie ich das interpretiere, laufen zukünftige Updates wohl nicht mehr auf der Basis LPH