Was haltet ihr vom Dual-SIM + SD Hack?

H

Hirnmatsch

Stammgast
Ich meine diesen "Hack" Lifehack – Dual-SIM + SD-Karte trotz Hybridslot nutzen - Chinahandys.net

Ist davon eher abzuraten?

Ich möchte das eventuell bei meinem Lenovo K6 machen, welches shared-SIM hat. Die SIMs sind nano-SIMs von daher dürfte der Schritt mit dem Ablösen evtl. etwas schwerer sein.

PS: es scheint wohl passieren zu können, dass das Wifi ausfällt, das wär natürlich doof. Siehe post #4 How to Insert 2 Nano Sim (Dual Sim Enabled) and Micro SD Card in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge – No Replied
OK, und nach post #4 stehen noch weitere Probleme

Im Spoiler erklärt auch noch jemand mit video, dass man die SD-card auch zusätzlich noch abschleifen kann, um es noch flacher zu bekommen...
Markus
I am afraid the update blows the capacity of the device to deal with all three cards at the same time and keep WiFi going. Please tell me whether your status appears altered (“custom”) when the device keeps trying to switch on WiFi? Mine did so. And then I knew, when it shows “custom” it will start trying switchin on WiFi and only a restart would help.
That’s why I didn’t upgrade my device since unboxing, still going with shipped ROM and security level from July last year. Waiting to see if Nougat brings some relief.

Rodrigo Ultramari
Hi, I don’t believe this is the problem, because it was working OK and there were no updates in that afternoon.

Joemar Canillas
after 3 attempts of throwing my sim card 1 sd card..i did it right right.. it was cool

Rodrigo Ultramari
news about it. Three days ago when you asked, I tryed with 2 SIM on the tray, mine and my wife’s, both from the same brazilian carrier (CLARO). I answered you that it was OK. That was because my company SIM was glued to the microSD (carrier OI). I asked for the IT guy at the company to get a new SIM card to replace my “freak glued one”. Since then, I was using only one SIM, from CLARO. Today the company SIM (OI) arrived. I inserted the tray with both SIMs, the first SIM (CLARO) got signal, the exact moment the second SIM (OI) connected, wifi dropped out. After several attempts and restarts, I tryed to change the SIMs positions on tray (CLARO from 1 to 2, OI from 2 to 1). It’s working ok until now. I believe it might be related to some information on the SIMCARD. I’m afraid that within few days I’ll change my carrier from CLARO to VIVO. So, if it work OK with OI on 1 and VIVO on slot 2, I might to glue it again in a microsd m/

What I really don’t understand is that it was working perfectly in other phone with exactly same firmware…

Rodrigo Ultramari
Just placebo. It worked for few hours. Wi-Fi off again and Bluetooth unstable. Gonna try a factory reset on weekend…. Pissed off of it

Hyacinth Rocero
Thanks Rodrigo. I did it! It’s a success.

olee22
Some learning:
1. Acetone is cheap (can get from a store which sells paint), and removes the sim-chip from the plastic very easily. Just drop in for an hour or two, and it separates.
2. One drop of superglue is enough to hold the simcard, and can be removed easily with a knife.
3. Better switch off the phone when inserting removing the simcard-sdcard combo. I had varied success when the phone was on.

KalichVydra
Hi does it work on S7 edge which is marked like single sim? G935F?

Rodrigo Ultramari
nope. only in the models ended with FD . SM-G930FD (flat), SM-G935FD (edge)

Sonny
Hi shr540i. I thought I got everything correct. SIM well glued to 64Gb microSd and fits tight but inserted successfully. Two SIMs detected! Wow! But then it says portable SD “corrupted”. It gave me option to format which i did but got stuck at 20%. My SD broke already right? Any chance of saving it? What did i do wrong? Is SD really fragile to sand paper & pressing to make glue stick?

Sonny
Hi Rocero & Rodrigo. I had success in sticking SIM & SD together with glue. It was tight going in the phone but it went in. The two SIMs were detected! I was so happy but when i checked storage, it said portable SD is corrupted.
1) Do you think i pressed or sanded SD to hard?
2) Which side of SD did you sand? Side w/ the label only or both?
3) Did you file or sandpaper the “raised edge” on the top of the microSD?

Sonny
Hi RCMAAD. My 2 SIMs are detected. I was so happy but upon checking, my S7 says that the SD is corrupted. I am now observing what you posted. Yes maybe the SD is not making “complete” contact w/ the connectors inside the phone. I will try your “tape” method later.

Rodrigo Ultramari
You may sand only the “label side” of the microSD and you can/need to sand the raised edge to make it flat.

Sonny
Thanks for the quick reply Rodrigo

Sonny
That is what I did also. I filed the raised edge and made it flat then I sanded the label side only. The two SIMs are recognized but the SD is corrupted and cannot be formatted. I plan to buy another SD and try again but I still don’t know what I did wrong. I am afraid I might repeat the mistake

RCMAAD
Nice Sonny..
Mines been in and out a few times changing sim companies..and works every time..stick with it.

Ramesh Kumar
I installed a 200GB Micro-SD card with so much fear.
It felt really tight to have the hybrid SIM tray inserted but it finally worked like a charm.

I had to sand down the label side of the memory card and the back of the ripped SIM and used super glue to put them together

Alyssa Ardilla
sucks phone,I am not brave to do that. I was afraid to damage my sim card.

Christopher Loughrey
Is it difficult to remove the sim tray after you close it? I’d be afraid it would get stuck and the sim tray would be unable to be removed

Κωστής Τσατσός
I did it on Lenovo P2 and so far it works.I don’t know if the signal is affected but I always had pretty bad signal in my house…

Christopher Loughrey
Cutting down the sim card is unnecessary and is causing people to damage the sim card. It can work without cutting anything

Dalia Fayed
I used it in my Samsung s7 and. Worked fine both Sims working and then both stopped working and after few seconds no SIM card detected and then flipped back to working and then in the end SIM card 2 crashed and please contact supplier.

Rick
I did the following:

1) Removed plastic from SIM with acetone
2) Cut the SIM’s short sides, so it perfectly fits the tray
3) Adhered SIM to SD card with superglue
4) Put it on the tray and moved the tray into the phone. Was a bit harder than before but not too hard imo.

And now: The tray is STUCK! The needle of the tray removal tool pierces itself all in, but the tray hardly moves.

Any ideas what to do?

NiceGuy NoMore
All mSD cards are of standardised dimensions, so there are no thinner ones. [This youtube video](
) shows how the mSD card could be filed down so that the mSD+SIM combo can better fit into the hybrid tray space. Kudos to *noreplied*; to having thought of this hack. I look forward to doing this when/if the Note 8 uses the hybrid SIM tray too on the dual SIM version.

hier ist nochmal ne andere Anleitung Dual-SIM with SD-card

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Jemand ne Meinung dazu? :)

Ich bin ein Freud davon und befürworte das ganze.
Ein Freund hat es seit einiger Zeit problemlos am laufen.
Ich habe es kurz zum laufen gebracht und dann durch Unachtsamkeit das passiert:-(

Was macht ihr gerade so? (2017)

OK, da lag es ja am User. Trotzdem mein Beileid.

Was ich befürchte wäre, dass am Ende nur ne beschränkte Menge Saft zur Verfügung steht und die nicht darauf ausgelegt ist, dass drei KArten (2x SIM und 1x SD) gleichzeitig daran saugen.

• Danke
Reaktionen: KC87
Es gibt schlimmeres und ist ersetzbar.
Ich habe ihn heute gefragt ob er irgend welche Veränderungen oder negative Auswirkungen fest stellen konnte bis jetzt.
Nein seine Antwort es läuft wie es soll und er hätte am liebsten eine größere Karte genommen.

Dienstag ist der Hack dann 4Wochen schon am laufen.
Ich habe auch noch nichts gelesen (aber auch noch nicht gezielt gesucht) das es Probleme gab. Mein Hack ist bis zu meiner Unachtsamkeit ja auch gelaufen.

Trau dich und Berichte bitte:)

Hattest du es mit der Schleifmethode versucht?

Ich werde es erstmal auf ein ander mal verschieben. Vorerst werde ich mal einfach darauf achten meine Fotos möglichst zeitnah vom Phone auf nen USB-sick oder in die Cloud zu verschieben.

Von Problemen kannst du unter dem Link von noreplied.com in meinem ersten post lesen und im Spoiler.

Probleme, die dort geschildert werden:
- kein Wifi
- am Anfang geht es, dann auf einmal geht gar nichts mehr
- "SD card corrupted"
- SD card Formatierung bleibt bei 20% stehen
- Karten bleiben stecken
- Phone akzeptiert überhaupt keine Karte mehr (vermutlich Pins im Phone zerstört?)

Was soll das, blah blah aus Langeweile? Schreibt ja jeder, der gebastelt hat, no risk no fun.
Gibt genau vier Möglichkeiten, wenn man Beschädigung/Verlust von SIM oder SdCard außen vorlässt:
1-> gut gemacht, funktioniert
2-> gut gemacht, funktioniert aber mit individuellem Phone nicht
3-> schlecht gemacht, funktioniert nicht
4-> schlecht gemacht, beschädigt das Phone

Entschuldigung. Hast recht, mein Thread war sinnlos.

Hätte ja sein können, dass es ein "Hack" ist, bei dem es die generelle Meinung gibt, dass nicht viel passieren kann. Dann hätte man mir sagen können "scheiß dir nit ins Hemd, im schlimmsten Fall machst du die SIM oder SD kaputt".
Aber hast recht, es sollte einem eigentlich sofort selber einfallen, dass das höchst riskant ist und zudem mehr als die SIM und die SD kaputt gehen können.

Sorry, dass ich diesen dummen Thread eröffnet habe.

Achja, und Langeweile war es nicht. Ich hatte Bedenken es zu machen und hoffte, dass es
a) schon so viele Leute gemacht haben, dass man mir die Bedenken nehmen kann, weil es z.B. in 95% der Fälle klappt
oder
b) schon so viele Leute gemacht haben und es z.B. zu 15% oder mehr Schäden gab und man mir somit in meinen Bedenken recht geben kann

Es hätte ja übrigens auch die Möglichkeit bestanden, dass jemand mit Fachkenntnissen in einem Elektronik nahen Bereich im Forum ist und sowas sagt wie "auf keinen Fall, die Platinen sind bei shared-SIM so ausgelegt, dass die nur Spannung für zwei Karten zur selben Zeit liefern können. Wenn es hier bei manchen Leuten trotzdem klappt, ist das Glück, fragt sich nur wie lange."

PS: Was ist ein "Antipadologe"? Ein Anti-Pathologe im Dialekt ausgesprochen? Oder meinst du Antipodologe? Letzteres wäre ziemlch lustig. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Erst mal Dank für ausführliche Antwort.
Was ich sagen wollte, die evtl. möglichen Konsequenzen sind in der allgemeinen Diskussion schon längst durch.
Falls Deine Anfrage wirklich nur spezifisch Lenovo K9 war, hättest Du vielleicht besser fragen können z.B. "hat das schon jemand erfolgreich beim L.K9 gemacht?'
PS mein Nick ist völlig sinnlos, soll nur zu ziellosen Phantastereien anregen ;-)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: KC87
OK :)

BQ X Pro, Feuerzeugvariante, funktioniert.

Werde es aufgrund von negativen Berichten von Samsung Usern nicht machen.

Bei meinem Lenovo K6 wird es wohl eh nicht gut gehen; die Katenschublade lässt sich schon mit nur einer micro-SIM ziemlich schwer wieder reinschieben.

Warum ist noch kein SD-Kartenhersteller auf die Idee gekommen eine Micro-SD herauszubringen, die von vorneherein darauf ausgelegt ist eine nano-Simkarte aufzunehmen? Also mit einr entsprechenden Aussparung. Das müsste technisch doch einwandfrei gehen.

Mit einer SDCard vielleicht, mit einer microSDCard sicher nicht, die Hersteller sind froh wenn sie die Dies gerade so in das Gehäuse bekommen. (Zumindest bei denen mit höheren Kapazitäten die wir ja so gerne nutzen :biggrin:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Bearbeitet von: hagex - Grund: Direktzitat entfernt, Gruß von hagex