Need some help regarding rooting and flashing

P

PsyCoil

Neues Mitglied
Hello there,
I've searched Google for a new ROM for my friend Acer A210 and found this forum. I'm not new to custom roms and flashing but I never did it on a device that doesn't have a lot of support.
First of all, I understand I have to root the device before I install a custom recovery? I've found this tutorial: https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...owto-acer-a210-root-only-jb-4-1-1.332441.html

It seems easy enough to follow with Google Translate, but I've got a few questions about it.
On Windows 7 I just need to install the drivers and proceed with instructions?
Do I have to flash a new kernel to install the new recovery?

I'd like to install either cyanogenmod 11 or OmniROM 4.4... I saw both in the A210/211 Downloads Center but got no idea about installation procedure. On Galaxy devices I usually do a full wipe, but saw this is not recommended on this tablet. What do I need to wipe on this ROM in order for the installation to go smoothly? Which recovery I need to install those ROMs?

Two more questions, on YouTube I saw a video where there is a mouse pointer. Is this cyanogenmod normal behavior on this tablet or is it optional?
I'd like to install the Hebrew display language and keyboard, are all languages available on this ROM? And If not, could I install morelocale2 to get the Hebrew language?

Sorry about all the questions guys.
Many thanks.

Hello PsyCoil!
We are pleased to welcome you here in this forum, the world's most popular Internet platform of the German speaking Android community.

Therefore, according to our rules, all contributions have to be written in German language! Hence, if you are not able to write in German, please use a translator (e.g. such as those of Google and many others).

Thank you for your understanding.

------------------------------------------------------
Hallo PsyCoil!
Wir freuen uns Dich hier in diesem Forum, der weltweit beliebtesten Internet-Plattform der deutschsprachigen Android-Community, begrüßen zu dürfen.

Daher müssen entsprechend unseren Regeln alle Beiträge in deutscher Sprache geschrieben werden! Verwende daher bitte, wenn du der deutschen Sprache nicht mächtig bist, einen Übersetzer (wie z. B. jenen von Google und vielen anderen).

Danke für dein Verständnis.