[KERNEL][GPL][18.OKT]franco.Kernel r20 - Sound Control V2 | ExFat | Jelly Bean

Mit viking Rom gibts Probleme, Absturz.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, been busy with other stuff. Here goes r20:

* Added the sdcard binary back to /sdbin. Same procedure as before available in the second post
* Customized lowmemorykiller driver to be a little more aggressive when killing processes to maintain, at least, roughly ~300mb ram free
* Little tweak to BFQ to be accord our HZ value - should give a little extra boost on IO operations
* Merged 3.0.45 and 3.0.46 - this last one contains a very specific noteworthy patch which fixes a serious bug that was triggered when the cores were onlined/offlined. Its been present in Linux kernels for quite a while but its now fixed thanks to the marvellous Linux kernel maintainers. It also makes the device wake up from sleep a little bit faster. I suggest you take a look on my github for more information about this patch
* Merged two patches from Cyanogen's kernel repository - one in the workqueue driver and another one to fix some of the Wi-Fi suspend problems (wlan_rx_wake for example)
* Merge more Sync Framework patches from Google's Android-3.4 repository (Samsung has this framework enabled by default - for more information Google it up)
* Added Ondemand governor back with a special feature: I added a custom hotplug awareness to this governor. I dislike how PegasusQ works most of the times as it keeps all cores online even when its not needed and while PegasusQ is based on Ondemand its a bit different considering all the Samsung code. Its still an initial version of the hotplug code, but for now it works like this:

The function is called every 5 kernel ticks (HZ) for reduced overhead.
If the load is <= 20% it checks if all cores are offline, if they are it returns from the functions and checks back in another 5 ticks. If at least one of them is online while the load is <= 20% it offlines it. While the load is <= 20% it raises the minimum frequency to 500Mhz because the device will be single-core during light usage and with 200Mhz was too low.
If the load is > 20% and <= 40% it ups cpu1.
If the load is > 40% and <= 65% it ups cpu1 and cpu2.
If the load is > 65% it ups all cores.

Its a bit aggressive but I found it extremely battery efficient. It needs much more testing though, I've only ran this for about 72h.

Have fun and let me know how this feels, specially the Ondemand governor.

bei r20 boot loop ausgelöst kurz vor der Eingabe der SIM Pin

reproduzierbar auf Stock JB XXDLJ1 bei VOrhandensein einer externen 64GB exFAT SDXC card

Dann hat franco wieder exfat Probleme...
War anfangs genau gleich

also wird exfat nicht unterstützt?
schade. ..

...---....

passiert hier nochwas?

...---....

Die Entwicklung wurde schon lange eingestellt

myreality schrieb:
Die Entwicklung wurde schon lange eingestellt

schade...war aufm S2 ein Top-Kernel...
vorallem sparsam

...---....

Akelschnakel schrieb:
schade...war aufm S2 ein Top-Kernel...
vorallem sparsam

...---....

Einfach mal den Yank555 oder Boeffla Kernel austesten. Gibt wirklich nichts besseres :thumbsup:

• Danke
Reaktionen: Akelschnakel