Hello McAllen (anybody on this forum who can read English)Thanks a lot everybody (most of all Ambush666)!
I've successfully managed to recover my E10310 (yes, 10) which I had sort of ruined by a half succeeded root. Have bought another tablet but wanted to save this so it could be recycled in the family as a kids tablet with simple games - lets see if that'll happen now I've saved it. Still useful for watching TV, listening to Spotify (over bluetooth to large speakers with bluetooth receiver) etc.
OK, so I had ruined my E10310 and wanted to save it. Stumbled upon this forum (I read German a lot better than I write, hence my English) with images for both E10310 and E10312. Also read about them being identical so I figured why not try the firmware for E10312 and so I did and it works perfectly! I even searched around the internet when power + vol+ didn't seem to work. Finally I managed to install JB 4.2.2 on the E10310 Even without having to install lot of suspicious software on my computer. I tried that first on a machine dedicated to such use but didn't get it to work.
Here's how I got it to work:
The tablet is still a mediocre low end tablet but more useful than before
- Download the E10312 image.
- Rename the image to update.img.
- Put the update.img on a FAT32 formatted microSD.
- Make sure the tablet is turned off.
- Insert microSD into tablet.
- While holding down VOL+ plug in power connector (with power).
- Wait 3-5 seconds then release VOL+.
- After 5-10 seconds the tablet turns on by itself.
- Wait for an Android laying down to appear.
- Press and hold POWER then briefly push VOL+ then release POWER.
- A menu appear. Use VOL to highly "update rkimage from external storage" and use POWER to select it.
- Have lot of patience. The tablet will reboot a few times.
- Finally you'll get the screens you know from a new tablet. Complete those, update the apps, install whatever apps you like etc.
- Done! Enjoy your E10310 with JB 4.2.2
- For the fun of it go to settings menu about this tablet. See that it tells you that your tablet is now an E10312
If for some reason you want to stay with the factory default 4.1.1. (just want to wipe it after unsuccessful root etc.) then just use the E10310 image also kindly Ambush666. For some reason though it won't restart during pt. 12 instead it returns to the menu. After that then do a "wipe data/factory reset". Once again it returns to the menu. Finally choose "reboot system now".
All this took me several hours of surf to puzzle all the details together as I don't find a single well descriptive post. So hopefully this will be such and help others with either bricked E10310, want to upgrade it to JB 4.2.2 or have troubles using the RK Batch Tool. I presume the E10312 can be restored using the very same microSD approach. I was about to pull my hair out as I just couldn't get any RK tool to work on my "dirt machine".