Honor 8 - [FRD-L09C432B387]

B

bc17

Stammgast
Screenshot_20170525-045911.png

Screenshot_20170525-045848.png

IMG_20170525_045930.png

P.s. Angeblich soll sich auch laut einem XDA Post, gegen Ende Mai oder Anfang Juni etwas in Sachen "Custom ROM Support" und dem Source Code, so wie es versprochen wurde, tun. Den Beitrag dazu findet ihr hier, mal sehen ob es stimmt. New firmware B387 for FRD-L09 - Post #16

Just found this

Hii to all Huawei 8 owners,

Maybe some good news afterall, but maybe .. we will see
This is the info I got today and I said it I will report it back to all of you guys...

This is it what I have got
Just did copy paste from my inbox and attached a picture so that you can see that this is real messege sent to me

Re: Regarding the XDA community and Honor 8 partnership
Hi there,

I can give you an explanation for everything. Can you please post it so everyone can see? Here it is:

Quote:
Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you an update on Honor and the release of their kernel source, as well as our efforts to encourage development on Honor devices on XDA.

We started working with them in August 2016. One of the stipulations of our partnership was that they make kernel source available, to encourage development.

By October, they had released kernel source for the Honor 8. As a result, we had healthy development with early builds of CyanogenMod (now LineageOS, of course), as well as RR, working TWRP, and more. This was thanks in large part to a small team of Honor developers we assembled, comprised of @surdu_petru, @XePeleato, and @hackslash. This team also submitted to me a request to Honor to fill in some missing spots in their kernel source release, specifically the Trustzone driver, and precompiled libraries compatible with AOSP. Around that time, our partnership with Honor was ending.

Since early 2017, all kernel source has disappeared from Huawei's website, much to our disappointment, and yours. We are in contact with Honor, and soon to renew our agreement, and they claim that kernel source will be back online by the end of May. Since Huawei is such a big company and things are very slow, it might take longer than that. Also, we're not sure if they will re-release the MM kernel source, or that for Nougat. We are awaiting their answer but we are heavily pushing them to do what the community wants.

We made significant progress with Honor in 2H 2016 thanks to our agreement, and we hope that starting in June, we will resume this progress with the goal of opening up Honor devices, including the new Honor 8 Pro, so that developers have what they need and users can enjoy customization of their devices.

Please PM me anytime with any questions or concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brljak83
Hii

I have been reading about Honor 8 here on XDA since I got the phone
We all Honor 8 users are very satisfide with the phone it self

But a big number of us are just disappointed with the
Huawei Honor 8 agreement between Huawei and XDA community
to give us not just better support but also the source code..

I am here not as a developer couse I am not one

I am here couse I want to speak in the name of
all Honor 8 users ( allmost all of us are disappointed )
with someone from the XDA community

I want that someone form the XDA community who can and is willing to
give me ( over the mail ) some answer or to all of us in the forum of Honor 8
if Huawei and XDA community agreement is just some kind of a lie..
And if not when will we get what is promised to us.. give us some timeline or something..
Please give us something, or do something for what is promised to us

Couse many Honor 8 users are thinking that this is just some sort of a lie
And they are very disappointed and thinking that never will be anything happening

I thing they are so much disappointed that they lost evan the will to ask you on XDA community and are thinking that it is just some sort of a lie
for what is said and promised.. but I am one of the optimist and I am still saying that
the best is yet to come

Hope for some answer and that we still will be getting the support that is promised
And I am hoping not to get disappointed too like many already are

Please give me as soon as possible some answer from either Huawei ( by contacting them as XDA community becouse of the agreement you guys had made for us ) or either some answer just
from the XDA community if you happen to know anything about the things that are promised
by that agreement if and when they will happen..

Thanks for taking your time and reading this
Best regards
Brljak83

svetius
-----
User Experience Admin
xda-developers

Source Code - Post #145

Source Code - Post #150

Source Code - Post #157

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Danke
Reaktionen: taiman23 und Olley
aber immer noch keine neue -PV Version

Bin mal gespannt ob es auch mal wieder ein offizielles OTA update gibt, sowie sich das gehört.

• Danke
Reaktionen: Neckreg und taiman23
Da es ja jetzt mittlerweile auch die B388 gibt, denke/hoffe ich dass es bald ein OTA geben wird.

• Danke
Reaktionen: Olley
Ich glaube nicht, das dass Honor 8 noch ein "offizielles" Update via OTA sehen wird.

@Neckreg Wurde aber im nicht mehr existenten offiz.Honor-Forum für ca. Ende Mai angekündigt. es gibt ja mittlerweile auch eine B389(Testvers.), somit müsste die B390 via OTA kommen. HopeSo :confused:

• Danke
Gestern OTA B389 bekommen
4f58fed140d014e5ebb8e9758cf4d845.jpg

85d48d1ae22506ce56aa4e01a3d3b612.jpg

@TheDefaced Ich auch und warum postest du das im B387-Thread :D

• Danke
Wahrscheinlich noch voller Euphorie. [emoji16]

• Danke
Reaktionen: taiman23