[DEV] FM Radio from XT702 (Chines Milestone)

G

gjayjayg

Neues Mitglied
Hi,

EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK/LAUNCH TUNE OK BUT NO SOUNDS FOR NOW.

Taken form a chinese Forum
The last things "missing" probably to work is the framework.jar from XT702 as it is odex, and can not be swap (wont boot) until deodexed.

For the scripts sto install/backup everythings, it should be place in /sdcard/fm/ , as /sdcard/fm/intall.sh /sdcard/fm/intall2.sh and system and lib_BK folder also in /sdcard/fm/

- install.sh is the files add to the XT702

OPTIONAL FOR NOW
- install2.sh is the lib I choose to swap with XT702 files (maybe not necessary, might only have to swap the framework.jar)

LAST YOU NEED TO START ALSO AT BOOT (in mot_boot by addinf fmradioserver OR MANUALLY THE "fmradioserver" with adb with fmradioserver OR THE FM.APK WOULD NOT START/WORK.

The files I choose to swap/backup, wich was the files speedymon the original FM dev., had me swap before (with some old files not form XT702, but modify by him).

THE LIB FROM install2.sh are taken/extract also form the XT702 SBF

And the only things that seems missing is the framework.jar without the odex (the deodexed frmaework.jar for our Milestone to boot).

The 2 files are present also in the archives but unused by the scripts, only for anybody wanting/able to try to deodex it.

Jay

FILES
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

PS: sorry my I can barely read German, not able to write in German (French from Switzerland)

• Danke
Reaktionen: Canök
Hey
Thx for your post, most of us cann speak german.
Is it possible to flash the chinese firmware to other german milestone too look if it work?

mmmm
I was worry to loose 3G, like some Brazilian when they flash UK sbf.
Because chinese 3G use same baseband as Brazilian or Canadian 3G

Jay

You might AT YOUR WON RISK I DO NT KNOW IF IT COULD EVEN WORK TRY to flash the chines sbf to try

Were I can find the link for a chniese sbf?
And will i loose it forever or only then when im running the chinese sbf?

"Everythings" is about Milestone Hack is at

start [And Developers]

for the SBF and sbf Tools
motorola_milestone:sbf [And Developers]

Not sur if it could be permanent lost of 3G, I think the Brazilian got it back by flashing a sbf from is country(zone) when available, after update came.

BUT YOU COULD ALSO PERMANENTLY BROKE SOME FEATURES IF/WITH A FIRMWARE INSIDE THIS SBF MADE FOR A DIFFERENT CHIP THAT OUR DACH MILESTONE.

That is no way a sur things, but you must be WARN AND AWARE OF THE RISK.

If somethings happens (like to the guy working on the SenseUI port to the Milestone that messed up is hardware, he just send it back under warranty and got a brand new one. ;)).

First of all, thanks for your post.

I've used your installation script to install the files. I've started the fmradioserver with adb. I was able to start the fmradio.apk.
But i get 0 stations as searchresult.

What am i doing wrong?

Bonjour, merci pour votre post.
J'ai installé le fm radio avec vorte install.sh. c'est possible pour lance fmradio.apk
Quand je lance la recherche de radiostation, il trouve 0.
Qu'est-ce que je fais de faux?

Hallo, danke für deinen Post.
Ich habe dein Installationskript install.sh für die Installation verwendet. Ich konnte die Applikation fmradio.apk erfolgreich starten. Doch wenn ich nach Stationen suche, erhalte ich 0. Den fmradioserver starte ich mit adb.
Habe ich etwas falsch gemacht?

ich denke in China haben die ein anderes Frequenzband als in Europa.

Habe ich zuerst auch vermutet, doch mit Logcat ist ersichtlich, dass er zwischen 87.5 mHz und 108mHz sucht.

The Application uses the correct frequencies. It search between 87.5 and 108 mHz.

La application cherche entre 87.5 et 108 mHz. Que, je pense c'est correct.

Mhhhh vll gehts nicht so gut wenn er die Antenne nicht benutzt, weil wenns einfach so mit ner App gehen würde hätten wir sicher schon lange das Radio an ;)

Kopfhörer oder Headset anschliesen. Meist ist dies die Antenne.
Wenns dann immer noch nicht will dann vergess es einfach ;)

ich glaube mal gelesen zu haben das der fm chip ein teil des wlan´s ist, aber wenn die app das versucht zu nutzen was unsere software garnicht bereitstellt, dürfte es nicht gehen würde ich sagen :)

Der eingebaute FM Transmitter ist ein Teil des Broadcom Chips der verantwortlich für Bluetooth und Wlan ist, und dieser sollte eigentlich in der Lage sein mehrere Funktionen gleichzeitig zu steuern.

ja aber müsste das nicht im kernel "freigegeben" sein dazu?

nicht freigegeben, es müssten Bibliotheken und ein Treiber existieren, um die FM-Funktionalität des Chips anzusprechen.

das hab ich mit "Freigegeben" gemeint xD

Ist der Broadcom-Chip denn überhaupt entsprechend beschaltet? Meist werden ja noch externe Filter benötigt nebst Antenne via Kopfhörer/Headset, ist das beim Milestone entsprechend beschaltet?

besorg dir nen schaltplan und schau nach ;)

TimeTurn schrieb:
Ist der Broadcom-Chip denn überhaupt entsprechend beschaltet? Meist werden ja noch externe Filter benötigt nebst Antenne via Kopfhörer/Headset, ist das beim Milestone entsprechend beschaltet?

Ja, im Alldroidforum haben sie das Radio des Droid bereits zum Laufen bekommen. Das einzige was gefehlt hat, war der Ton, weil wohl das Modul ALSA erwartet und Android OSS(?) benutzt.

Nerdgasm! :p

Hast du zu dem entsprechenden Thread 'nen Link?

So wie ich das im Alldroid Forum gelesen habe, hat es weder beim Droid noch beim Milestone jemals funktioniert. Bei beiden Geräten haben sie den gleichen Stand wie wird. Keine Sender, kein Sound.

FM reciver and transmiter - Milestone Support/General - AllDroid Public Board - FM reciver and transmiter - Milestone Support/General - AllDroid Public Board - Forum
Froyo and FM radio - Droid Support/General - AllDroid Public Board - Froyo and FM radio - Droid Support/General - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

Hier noch der Link zum asiatischen Post:
Google Nachricht