[ENGLISH][TOOL] Milestone custom boot logo

Haha.. ist ja geil! :D

hatte ich bis jetzt noch nicht gewusst, dass man das Boot logo ändern kann^^
Mein Stein sagt mir beim booten nun in großen fetten roten Druckbuchstaben: "FUCK YOU" :D

genial!

sehr geile arbeit Skrilax
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hehe.. that's great! :D

i didn't know that we can change Milestones' Boot Logo, till now^^
My Stone tell me now while it's booting, in big fat red letters: "FUCK YOU" :D

brilliant!

really nice work Skrilax

Dear Skrilax,
Truely I am in need of your help.My Milestone A853 is with MiniMod OR which is developed from your OR.I wanted to change the M logo using your this tool.So I downloaded your Nandroid-restore_openrecovery.zip ,unpacked it and copied the file and pasted in the /sdcard/open recovery/bin.Then a message appeared saying 'there exists already a file of same name and you want to ovewrite?' I clicked 'yes'and the file got pasted.
Then I selected a png image from a bootanimation downloaded from the net and resized to 480x182 pixel and renamed it to mylogo.bin and placed it in the sd card.
At first I selected your manual flashing for changing the logo.I rebooted to open recvery,opened the console and typed
erase_image logo
flash_image logo/sdcard/mylogo.bin
reboot
But on reboot eventhough the old M logo disappeared the new one does't come.There is only a white screen before the bootanimation appears.So I went for the Nandroid flash next.I selected the above resized(480x182 pixel) image,renamed it as "Nandroid image(Directoy)" and copied it to /sdcard/nandroid/open recovery . Rebooted to open recovery,selected nandroid and restore.There I could see only2 files but the Nandroid image(Directory) was not there.Hence I went back and rebooted.
What went wrong and how it can be corrected?Dear Skrilax please kindly advise and help me.I will be greately indebted to you.
Waiting with thanks,
pnsdhrn

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
pnsdhrn schrieb:
Dear Skrilax,
Truely I am in need of your help.My Milestone A853 is with MiniMod OR which is developed from your OR.I wanted to change the M logo using your this tool.So I downloaded your Nandroid-restore_openrecovery.zip ,unpacked it and copied the file and pasted in the /sdcard/open recovery/bin.Then a message appeared saying 'there exists already a file of same name and you want to ovewrite?' I clicked 'yes'and the file got pasted.
Then I selected a png image from a bootanimation downloaded from the net and resized to 480x182 pixel and renamed it to mylogo.bin and placed it in the sd card.
At first I selected your manual flashing for changing the logo.I rebooted to open recvery,opened the console and typed
erase_image logo
flash_image logo/sdcard/mylogo.bin
reboot
But on reboot eventhough the old M logo disappeared the new one does't come.There is only a white screen before the bootanimation appears.So I went for the Nandroid flash next.I selected the above resized(480x182 pixel) image,renamed it as "Nandroid image(Directoy)" and copied it to /sdcard/nandroid/open recovery . Rebooted to open recovery,selected nandroid and restore.There I could see only2 files but the Nandroid image(Directory) was not there.Hence I went back and rebooted.
What went wrong and how it can be corrected?Dear Skrilax please kindly advise and help me.I will be greately indebted to you.
Waiting with thanks,
pnsdhrn

Dear Skrilax or anybody else,
Please kindly help me to get a solution.I will be greatly grateful to them.
Waiting anxiously with thanks in advance,
pnsdhrn

for me the tool is working...
downloaded it, open it, drag and drop my pic (its resized to 480x182 and saved as jpg), save it as nandroid (folder), copy it to my sdcard and flash in OR...

may you can test the attached file, its my logo that i use at this time...
just unpack and copy the folder to /sdcard/nandroid/openrecovery and apply in OR by using the restore nandroid function...

if you have problems with create your own logo, you can also attach your pic here and i will make a flashable logo for you....

and sorry for my bad english, but more than that little schoolenglish i never learned ^^

Anhänge

• rabbit.zip
    37,5 KB · Aufrufe: 167
DAS_Original schrieb:
for me the tool is working...
downloaded it, open it, drag and drop my pic (its resized to 480x182 and saved as jpg), save it as nandroid (folder), copy it to my sdcard and flash in OR...

may you can test the attached file, its my logo that i use at this time...
just unpack and copy the folder to /sdcard/nandroid/openrecovery and apply in OR by using the restore nandroid function...

if you have problems with create your own logo, you can also attach your pic here and i will make a flashable logo for you....

and sorry for my bad english, but more than that little schoolenglish i never learned ^^
Thank you very much dear Das_Original;37336900.On foppwing your instructions I succeeded at last to install your rabbit logo.But I would prefer to get my picture installed.It is in jpg format changed to 480x182 pixels.I tried replacing it by deleting the rabbit image and pasting this image in the unzipped rabbit folder.But while rebooting to recovery and clicking Restore all in the Nandroid an Error message appears.So as you said will you convert this this picture to a flashable logo just like the rabbit logo?I am attaching it below.If you have any problem in viewing it I shall send it you by email .So please provide me your email address also.
And your English is not that bad.In fact it is just fine also.
Waiting with lots of thanks once again
pnsdhrn

https://www.android-hilfe.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=108255&stc=1&d=1343107891

Anhänge

• Free -BLack -HD Dark- Wallpapers7.zip
    16,4 KB · Aufrufe: 184
you just have a email ;)
hope it works...

first of all i thing you just dont understand to use the tool the right was ;)
just renaming of the pic wont work.
the tool edits the pic that way, that we can flash it on the phone...

but i tryed to explane it in the email ;) if there any questions left, just send me another mail ;)

I do not understand. In the first post there is even said that they used the tool to CONVERT the picture to get it to flash then.

Why do people simply change the ending? The .bin File (for manual flash), or the. Img file for the OR has built quite a different bit sequence and complete.

The image works fine. Have tried flashed and its running.

Use the attached .bin File. Extract the 7z Archiv, then u got the .bin file.

Then follow Installationinstructions:

Flashing (manually):
- Copy it to sdcard and reboot to OpenRecovery
- open OpenRecovery console and type:
erase_image logo
flash_image logo /sdcard/mylogo.bin <- replace mylogo.bin with the Name from the extracted .bin file.

And what is most important: Do not simply cut and paste, but manually write EXACTLY! case sensitive.

If that still does not work, you ought to leave it all in my opinion;)

Anhänge

• Free-Black.bin.7z
    22,4 KB · Aufrufe: 151
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Otandis_Isunos schrieb:
I do not understand. In the first post there is even said that they used the tool to CONVERT the picture to get it to flash then.

Why do people simply change the ending? The .bin File (for manual flash), or the. Img file for the OR has built quite a different bit sequence and complete.

The image works fine. Have tried flashed and its running.

Use the attached .bin File. Extract the 7z Archiv, then u got the .bin file.

Then follow Installationinstructions:

Flashing (manually):
- Copy it to sdcard and reboot to OpenRecovery
- open OpenRecovery console and type:
erase_image logo
flash_image logo /sdcard/mylogo.bin <- replace mylogo.bin with the Name from the extracted .bin file.

And what is most important: Do not simply cut and paste, but manually write EXACTLY! case sensitive.

If that still does not work, you ought to leave it all in my opinion;)
Thank you very much Otandis Isunos;3740914.Using your zip I got it solved the problem.
pnsdhrn

• Danke
Reaktionen: Otandis_Isunos
Great :)