Galaxy S5 Dual-SIM-Varianten (G9009D, G9008W, G900FD)

So, mein italienischer Freund hat ein Review zu seinem SGS5 geschrieben.

Lexo1972 sei dank !

Hello my friend! After a week of use I made a review of the S5 Duos (G900FD). Just have a read and let me know!
Have a nice week end!

SMARTPHONE: start right away by saying that the one in question is not "a" phone but "THE" phone. Compared to gt-i9502 (Exynos processor at 1.6 GHz), 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 801 by Qualcom show all its power and even the Adreno 300 graphics processor PowerVR SGX544 gives a track to S4 dual sim. The issue of overheating of the phone has not been resolved and that, too, like its predecessor, when subjected to stress calculation (i.e. when playing with Asphalt 8) warms too much!
The dimensions of the phone, though slightly larger, is not that noticeable. The increased thickness of the S5 and its retro feeltouch similar to leather make it more enjoyable and greater grip than S4. However, putting a cover the two are equivalent, and in useing it with one hand I did not find any difficulty. For those who have hands a little smaller is still present "single hand" mode that personalizes, reducing it as needed, the display area reachable with your thumb. The S5 also has the IP67 certification for resistance to splashes and dust. Told between us, my friends, I would not give it a try ; )
The SuperAMOLED display is great (but depends on taste because Taliban of LCD screens should find out that S5 display seem to produce oversaturated colors), nothing bad to report: a plus compared to S4, in my opinion, is under the direct sunlight where the contrast, and hence the readability, is significantly improved (at least 10/20%).

USER INTERFACE: the TouchWiz based on Android 4.4.2 kitkat is really very fluid. I have never encountered lag or even jamming with a couple of applications open in the background or while streaming video. Of course, for those not accustomed android 4.4 (like myself) at first seems all a mess, but it's just a matter of practice. The only weak point is that there are not many customization options so I think I'll quickly put on Nova Prime launcher that is what I prefer the most. Finally, I want to point out that the latest version of the Samsung UI has some "unpleasants" blocks (... or at least I still have not figured out how to unlock ...) as the infinite scroll on the home screen which is not provided and the incremental ringer (at the beginning, the tone is low and then increased up to the level chosen). Android + Touchwiz occupy a quarter of the smartphone's ROM (4Gb about 16 available): it is a little to much, but the ability to install applications and store photos and vido made ​​with the camera phone directly on SD (I put on one with 64Gb but by the 128Gb one is also supported), in the end, it is a good compromise that allows you to have always at least 30% free space on the physical memory to facilitate the functioning of the OS and UI.

MANAGEMENT DUAL SIM: The phone has a single antenna for the management of LTE and W-CDMA and one for the management of the GSM standard. The phone is technically not a DSFA but a DSDS. However, the dual sim is always active excellently managed by software via 'call waiting'. This means that if, while we are engaged in a conversation and we receive another call, we can hold the active to answer the second call and then resume the previous one. Also, if you answer the phone with headset or phone speaker, the navigation data is possible even if this is set on the same card of the incoming call. The only limit to this, since as mentioned above the antenna LTE / W-CDMA is only one, is that the navigation data at high speed can be enabled on a card at a time, so if you enable LTE on Sim1, the sims 2 will only have GSM and vice versa. Even with the this limit, in my opinion the double setting possibility is a great asset because it allows 1) to navigate at high speeds on both sims 2) the switch between the high-speed navigation is via software without physically swap cards into the slots.
As for outgoing calls, the improvement in respect of S4 dual sim is that you can choose between the settings "Always Ask" about the Sim to use for the outgoing call. Personally I find this a big advantage because with the S4 I often do not know what number I was calling with.

GPS & Wi-Fi: not having root permissions needed to run the app FasterFix the first satellite fix is a bit slow (it takes a few minutes) because you have to download the DB from the network. However, after the first time, the fix is immediate and position detection is very precise. Compared to the S4 I have not found great differences, even though I did not "test the cellar" : ) Wi-Fi signal reception, such as the S4, is great and I have nothing to report. In this sense, however, I have not been able to test the screen mirroring that with this phone is expected to run at 100% while on S4, in the presence of root, there were insurmountable problems of recognition by all Smart TV (while following various forums, I've never read of anyone able to share the screen of his rooted smartphone on TV at home). Do not worry, I'll keep you posted!

CAMERA: The main improvement, in my opinion, was made on the secondary camera which, although technically the same as the S4, has seen significant improvement in its performance surely as a result of an upgrade in software. On main camera I can not say anything bad about the power (16mp means +3 mp in respect to S4) and the recording of Full HD videos. The dual flash that allows to make great shots even in low light conditions. Furthermore, in terms of settings, there are various useful technical implementations such as selective focus on the screen that lets you select the "focal point", or the audio zoom selectable while shooting video. Among the various shooting modes the news that intrigued me the most is the Virtual Tour that lets you take consecutive shots to environment and then later you can see it dynamically as it happens, for example, on google map.

GEAR FIT: compatibility with the smartwatch is excellent. No problems with bluetooth connection (as it happened to me from time to time in S4 ... even after restarted both devices ...) and perfect synchronization between Gear Fit Manager and S-Heath. Even tought switching on bluetooth all day with email notifications (3 mailboxes) WA (2 accounts), Facebook and forums, both the battery life of the smartwatch (average duration 5 days) and of the phone were not affected at all.

BATTERY: last but not least I have to make a tribute to Mom Samsung for the good work done about the energy economy. For my use, with the standard battery of S4 I could last no more than lunch time after which I had to insert the spare battery. The increased 200 Mah battery power plus the energy savings resulting from improvements made both on Android 4.4 Touchwiz allow me now to arrive until mid afternoon. For me this is a good point because at that time I'm generally in the office and I can attach the phone to the power supply: "extra batteries goodbye"!

CONCLUSION: I think that the cost (€ 700 = € 560 S5 + € 140 customs fees and VAT) is pretty high but I'm also convinced that this device really rules because as I said earlier, this is THE Smartphones: powerful, fast, beautiful (... de gustibus ...), dual sim LTE (pratically full active), water/dust resistant (?), not so big and at the end of the dai it come with international official Samsung rom that will allow you to have all future Android updates developed ad hoc with no needs of third-party ROM.
I think the money spent, this time, were real investment ... but I say it every time... but afther that I'mstill here... :)

Sorry, das es in englisch ist, aber besser wie italienisch ! Hoffe es fällt der Zensur (Boardregel) nicht zum Opfer !

• Danke
Reaktionen: McKenna, shaggytt und vomo
mit englisch habe ich manchmal etwas schwierigkeiten. so wie ich es verstanden habe, läuft das G900FD uneingeschrenkt in Europa und der Dualsimbetrieb ist auch so, sodass auf beiden nummern anrufe eingehen können?

.. eigentlich wollte ich mich ja bedanken für den Beitrag. Aber irgendwie bin ich zu doof die Funktion zu finden. Daher nun Schriftlich, Danke! :-D

Über Danke freue ich mich immer ! Kommt hier im Forum grundsätzlich zu kurz.

He, von mir auch ein dickes Danke an goes_like_hell, Deinen italienischen Freund und auch an die vielen anderen User. Ist ein prima Forum hier.
Hab noch keinen Danke-Button, sonst würde ich den oft drücken, denn ich finde das auch wichtig.

Vielleicht kann ich das G900FD auch über OfferBank bekommen. Dann würde ich meine Erfahrungen ebenfalls posten.

Welche LTE-Frequenzen beherrscht das SM-G900FD?

nach den beschreibungen in den shops:
Compatible 4G Network with: Any 4G network operates on LTE 800 / 850 / 900 /1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 MHz

Hab mal versucht die Unterschiede zwischen dem G900FD und dem G9008W herauszufinden und zu Listen. Bitte um Ergänzung wenn jemand mehr weis!

SM-G900FD

> ANT+ Support
> 1/2.6'' Bildsensor
> Java über MIDP emulator

+> Wireless Charging

2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
3G WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
4G LTE FDD 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 MHz

SM-G9008W

> ANT+ Stand By
> keine angabe über Bildsensor grösse
> Java (Dalvik)

+> Unterstützt zusätzlich 5GHz und VHT80 MIMO
+> WiFi und NFC als Stand By markiert
+> Unterstützt zusätzlich Beidou GPS (Fernost Region)

2G GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
3G TD-SCDMA 1800 / 2100 MHz
4G LTE TDD 1900 / 2300 / 2500 / 2600 MHz

3G WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz (Nur in Fernost unterstützt ?!)
4G LTE FDD 1800 / 2600 MHz (Nur in Fernost unterstützt ?!)

Quellen:

Ebay G900FD
Welectronics G900FD
gsmarena G900FD
Telefonino G900FD

Welectronics G9008W
gsmchoice G9008W
Studeniki G9008W
Samsung G9008W

über die Verlässlichkeit der Quellen kann ich nichts sagen. Nur das sich die Angaben grösstenteils decken also gewisse Plausibilität zeigen.

!! Allen Angaben ohne Gewähr !!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Das G9008W unterstützt laut der chinesischen Samsung-Seite kein 800 MHz LTE. Damit ist es in Deutschland praktisch nutzlos.

Ich hab mir heute ein G900FD bestellt. Ich werde berichten, sobald ich es habe.

Wertlos ist relativ! Die anderen LTE-Bänder werden unterstützt. Das ist der gleiche Umfang wie beim One+

Naja, die paar 1800 und 2600 MHz Flecken kann man nicht wirklich rechnen.

Dazu kommt in Kürze die Liberalisierung der Mobilfunkfrequenzen, was dazu führt, dass die 3G Netze nach 4G umgerüstet werden. Dann bleibt nur noch ein rudimentäres 2G Netz mit Schwerpunkt auf Telefonie übrig, der Rest ist LTE. Mit so einem Gerät wie dem G9008W heißt das praktisch, dass man auf 2G hängen bleibt. Ich würde heute kein Gerät mehr kaufen, dass LTE auf 800, 900 und 2100 nicht unterstützt. Da wird ab 2016 in Deutschland überwiegend der Datenfunk stattfinden.

Zu den Frequenzbändern finde ich nur sonderbare oder wiedersprüchliche Angaben :/ vielleicht kann da jemand für Klärung sorgen der sich damit etwas besser auskennt..

Auf der Samsung Seite steht, dass das SM-G9008W FDD LTE nur bei 1800 und 2600 MHz kann. Das ist für Deutschland entschieden zu wenig. In absehbarer Zeit wird es hier LTE auf 800, 900, 1800, 2100 und 2600 MHz geben. Mit dem Ausbau von LTE wird die Verfügbarkeit vor allem von 3G geringer. Das geht 2016 los, damit liegt es durchaus in einem Zeithorizont, in dem man ein heute gekauftes Handy noch nutzt. Deshalb würde ich es im Hinterkopf haben, wenn ich mir ein Gerät aussuche. Sonst hab ich ein tolles Dual-SIM Smartphone und kann Daten nur mit max. 150 kBit/s übertragen.

@Frank_M : BTW Wo hast du denn bestellt ?

Auf Nachfrage von meinem italienischen Freund zum Thema Frequenzen G900FD:

First of all LTE: supported frequencies are the SSD one. It means 800mhz, 1800mhz; 2600mhz. These are the European standard so I think this is also valid in Germany. Here in Italy LTE signal cover 60% only of the whole country. In the metropolitan area the signal is quite strong: in Rome I can reach 50th per second.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich habs bei eglobalcentral riskiert. Mal sehen, was passiert. ;)

//Nachtrag: Aufgrund des verwendeten Modemchipsatzes im G900FD gehe ich davon aus, dass es auch LTE900 und LTE2100 kann. Der Chipsatz kann es jedenfalls. Damit sollte man auf der sicheren Seite sein.
Es ist nur schade, dass es davon keine 32 GB Variante gibt.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Dann mal toitoitoi mit eglobalcentral. Hoffe für dich, das das mit dem Zoll durchgeht. Wie kommst du denn auf die? Wann soll es kommen?

Hab ich einfach über Google gefunden. Geliefert werden soll es in 6 - 8 Tagen. Vielleicht hab ichs Ende nächster Woche. Das Risiko mit der Verzollung ist es mir wert.

Ich bin gespannt auf einige Dinge, besonders wie es sich z.B. an meiner Freisprecheinrichtung im Auto verhält (wie wählt man da die SIM aus?). Ich bin es Leid, immer 2 Geräte mit rumzuschleppen, eins für privat und eins für dienstlich. Alle anderen Versuche mit Dual SIM haben mich nicht zufrieden gestellt (Dual-SIM Adapter oder diese Bluetooth Empfänger).

In dem italienischen Hands-On Video sieht man einige Dinge, die mich überzeugt haben (danke dafür). Zum Beispiel sind alle europäischen Sprachen integriert. Das SIM Management scheint sehr clever zu sein. Die SIM, die den Datenmodus bekommt, hat LTE und 3G Rechte, die andere nur 2G. Das klingt sinnvoll. Dazu ist die Firmware für das G900FD eine mit "XX" am Anfang, also aus der gleichen Groß-Region, wie deutsche Firmwares. Keine DX oder CN Firmware, wie viele Geräte aus Fernost. Zielmarkt sind offenbar Saudi-Arabien und die arabischen Emirate. Die nutzen dort überwiegend die europäischen Frequenzen (nicht nur für Mobilfunk, auch für ISM Applikationen).

All das hatte man bislang nicht bei höherwertigen Dual SIM Geräten. Entweder bekam man nur die abgespeckten Dinger, oder eben welche für den chinesischen Markt (S4 Duos z.B.). Bei letzteren muss man dann mit vielen Tricks überhaupt erst mal sehen, dass man es in einen brauchbaren Zustand bringt. Das S5 Duos ist das erste Dual SIM Gerät, dass nach außen den Anschein erweckt, dass es uneingeschränkt und "Out of the Box" in Deutschland eingesetzt werden kann. Und das werde ich mal testen.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zum Thema Freisprecheinrichtung im Auto:
Bei den Samsung Dual-Sim-Geräten (ich spreche jetzt mal vom S4) sind im Pull-Down-Menü zwei Buttons für je eine SimKarte. Hier wird die Defauld-Sim gewählt.
D.h. die hier selektierte ist dann auch die , die deine Bluetoothverbindung anspricht.
Dieses Feature ist schon sehr geil. Auch sonst im Alltag, wenn ich tagsüber 90% dienstlich telefoniere ist die Büro-Sim aktiv, abends oder am WE dann die private Sim.
Man kann auch die einzelnen Sims komplett abschalten, wenn man am WE z.B. nicht vom Chef genervt werden will. Die HTC Geräte haben dieses Feature nicht, was ich sehr schade beim HTC One M8 Dual Sim finde.

Sehr gut spielt auch die App DW Kontakte mit Dual-Sim-Handys zusammen.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dw.contacts
Gibt nichts besseres für Dual-Sim-Kontakte. Bsp: ich kann jede Nummer einer festen Sim zuordnen, ich kann bei jedem Kontakt direkt wählen, welche Sim ich nehme, das Menü ist für dual-sim ausgelegt. Wenn jemand etwas anderes kennt, bitte mal schreiben. Kann mir keine Alternative vorstellen.

Würde mich freuen, wenn SVA dennoch eine ROM für dieses Gerät anbietet, da die SVA-ROM sehr entschlackt sind und einige Einstell-Features hat. Frage ihn mal an.
Knox-counter wird das Drecksding ja wieder haben!?

Ich schau mal, ob ich auch einsteige !? Meine Frau wird sich freuen :thumbsup:

Ich verwende PixelPhone PRO.
Da werde ich gefragt welche sim ich für den anruf verwenden will. ich kann dabei auch einen haken machen "immer die sim für die nummer"

Die kostenlose alternative ist sim-selector. Da muss man die nummern einzelt eingeben... sehr aufwendig...

Ich habe gerade interessante Neuigkeiten von meinem russischen Freund bekommen.

Zum einen wird das G900FD jetzt auch in Russland angeboten.

Zum Anderen:
SVA:
Yes, I already made SVA ROM for G900FD.
Tomorrow will be ready v3.0 for G900FD, based on last Samsung stock for Russia “G900FDXXU1ANG6_G900FDOXE1ANG6_SER” from today.

Russian Stock:
Model: SM-G900FD
Model name: GALAXY S5
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 2296337
Build date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:10:18 +0000
Product Code: SER
PDA: G900FDXXU1ANG6
CSC: G900FDOXE1ANG6
MODEM: G900FDXXU1ANG4

• Danke
Reaktionen: McKenna