[Alpha][Test] Root ohne Knox zu triggern via engKernel [ADB]

N

nozama

Fortgeschrittenes Mitglied
ACHTUNG !
English kenntnisse vorrausgesetzt

ANNOUNCEMENT

As seen in provided logs, now Root.BAT script works well but there is another problem: DM-VERITY .

DM-VERITY is a COMPONENT OF KERNEL that CHECKS (IN ALL BYTES) IF SYSTEM PARTITION IS STOCK OR IT HAS BEEN MODIFIED

Normally DM-verity (for witch I read official documentation) should only warning user that /system partition has been edited and then normally boot (waiting 5 seconds or pressing a button)..
But if you made modifications ON SAMSUNG DEVICES IT DENIES TO BOOT OR DELETE/RESTORE TO STOCK THE NEW/EDITED FILES IN SYSTEM ON REBOOT

So, for continuing, WE ABSOLUTELY SHOULD FIND A WAY TO DISABLE DM-VERITY WITHOUT TRIPPING KNOX, and it is not easy because dm-verity is a kernel built-in component.

I can tell the Root.BAT works fine and when (unfortunately I also must say "if") we will found the way to disable dm-verity without tripping knox, then all problems should be solved and we should also be able to root device because root method works on snapdragon model.. the only problem here is dm-verity.

FIRST CONCLUSIONS:
We have SEMI-FINISHED root method that should work but we have NOT permission to edit /system (also with root) (because of DM-VERITY)

And have ROOT PERMISSIONS but CANNOT EDIT SYSTEM (for dm-verity) = USELESS THING

I do not found any totally systemless mod (maybe busybox systemless.. and I'm not sure if Xposed Systemless is conpletely systemless..) and anyway to use root permissions (also trying to push necessary files in /data -not touched by dm verity- and then symlink them into system) we MUST edit a file in /system/etc.. and dm-verity will undo our modifications in that file..

CONCLUSIONS:
UNTIL WE DON'T FOUND THE WAY TO DISABLE DM-VERITY WITHOUT TRIPPING KNOX, YOU DO NOT NEED TO TRY THIS METHOD: IT IS USELESS FOR NOW
But if you want to test to report if your S7/S7edge model boots with engKernel and to report if knox will be tripped or not on your model, your tests are really appreciated..

Anyway WHEN (and if) WE FOUND THE WAY TO DISABLE DM-VERITY , ALL PROBLEMS SHOULD BE SOLVED AND WE WILL CONTINUE WITH THIS METHOD.

-------

Thanks for your tests guys..

We got important informations:
1. KNOX WILL BE NOT TRIPPED FLASHING G935 engKernek on G935F (IT SEEMS.. NO-ONE CAN TOTALLY GUARRATEE) .. so it should NOT TRIP ALSO ON G930F
2. Root.BAT now works.. the problem is dm-verity
3. Dm-verity doesn't touch /data .. but anyway this info is quite useless because a file in /system MUST be edited and anyway root without system editing permission is really useless..
4. engKernel (so all this method) CANNOT BE USED ON G930FD and G935FD (dual sim S7 models) because PHONE WILL NOT BOOT
5. engKernel (so all this method) CANNOT BE USED ON G930W8 and G935W8 because IT TRIP KNOX ON THESE MODELS

-----

To all that have used this method: DO NOT DO ANY OTA UPDATE! IT COULD BE DANGEROUS!

So it you want to COME BACK:
1. Go into Settings>About device>Software info>Tap 7-8 times on Build Number

2. Go into Settings>Developer options and TURN ON "OEM unlock"

3. Then download latest firmware of your phone model and csc and FLASH IT WITH STOCK ODIN 3.10.7 orr higher (NOT the Odin you found into the root package)..

4. Done. Now you should can safely use otas. This procedure is REQUIRED BECAUSE WE PROBABLY HAVEN'T DISABLED OTAs AND SOME USERS WITH ROOTED DEVICES RECEIVED AN OTA THAT BRICKED THEIR PHONES.
Also if device is non-rooted, I really advice to enable OEM Unlock and reflash stock rom..
So you shouldn't have risks..

Anyway when (and if) we will provide a way to disable dm-verity without tripping knox, we will also disable OTAs.. but I think that if you haven't root, you want OTAs.. so enable OEM unlock and flash the latest firmware of your phone model and csc..
So, as I wrotten before, you shouldn't have risks..

-------

EDIT ON 19 AUGUST: FOR NOW THIS METHOD DOESN'T WORK FOR DM-VERITY, SO TEST IT ONLY IF YOU WANT TO REPORT IF FLASHING ENGKERNEL YOUR S7 MODEL WILL BOOT AND IF KNOX WILL BE TRIPPED OR NOT. ELSE DO NOT TEST FOR NOW, IT'S USELESS FOR NOW..

Read this post to better understand: No KNOX Exynos root method via engKernel. Exynos testers needed.
---------

DO NOT TRY THIS METHOD WITH G930W8 OR G935W8 BECAUSE IT TRIP KNOX ON THAT DEVICE

DO NOT TRY THIS METHOD WITH G930FD OR G935FD BECAUSE PHONE WILL NOT BOOT ON DUAL SIM MODELS

Hello to all and thanks t]billa ,Chainfire ,Prince Cosmy and to br3w3r for their work.

I've seen some users notice error during Root.BAT and it is related to "system read-only file system"

I've seen that in the script system is read-write remounted only one time

So what I've done is mounting system, rootfs and data at Root.BAT beginning (executing it immediately after phone starts booting, this partitions could also be unmounted) and mostly I'VE ADDED REMOUNT SYSTEM COMMAD BEFORE EVERY COMMAND THAT TOUCHES SYSTEM.

This because in most of my scripts after a limited number of commands, system will automatically read-only remounted.

Here is the folder, instructions are identical as before and you can found them in 0_ReadMe.txt

DOWNLOAD : MEGA

I must warning you that * I CANNOT TEST THIS METHOD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T S7, I'm just trying to help S7 users *

I want to remember that * I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE PROBLEMS OR DAMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE * , *I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT KNOX WILL REMAIN 0x0 (but if engKernel does not trip knox, surely knox will not be tripped from my additional commands)* and * YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON RESPONSIBLE OF EVENTUALLY DAMAGES OF YOU PHONE *

Told this, REMEMBER TO FOLLOW [MENTION=293193]billa[/MENTION]'s ADVICES:

Please, if you try this, COPY HERE ALL LINES THAT WILL APPEAR WHEN YOU EXECUTE Root.BAT , it's very important to see what's happened!

If the process successes, you SHOULD NEVER see this error in Boot.BAT output lines:

Code:
Blablabla : Read-only file system

Hope that will solve problems[emoji4]

Enjoy!

Danke ... und das ganze nun bitte auch einmal in deutsch! Ansonsten hätte es auch ein Link zum XDA getan der hier im übrigen sogar noch fehlt! Paste & Copy ist hier nicht so gerne gesehen.

• Danke
Reaktionen: MuetzeOfficial und hellmichel
Da dieser Test nicht Stabil ist bzw. noch getestet wird, ist jeder der es ausprobiert sollte im klaren sein, dass möglichkeit 0x1 entstehen kann!

So kurzzusammen gefasst :

- Stock Kernel wird ersetz mit engKernel - DM-VERITY wird ausgetrickst und somit erhält man Root OHNE Knox ausgelösen
- DUAL SIM G930FD ODER G935FD - Kein Boot ( daher sollte man nicht nutzen )
- G930W8 ODER G935W8 - Knox wird ausgelöst ( 0x1 )
- G930F und G935F - Root / Knox bleibt bestehen ( 0x0 )
- Man sollte nie OTA update installieren.
- Hab ich irgendwas vergessen?! Wenn ja , ergänz mich mal ;)

lucadalba schrieb:
I will add G935W8 and G930W8 in a blacklist of this method..

probably kernel is not made for G935W8 because flashing the engKernel on G935F KNOX REMAINS 0x0..

I'm sorry for your knox :(
Anyway thanks for the feedback[emoji106]

No KNOX Exynos root method via engKernel. Exynos testers needed. - Post #71
Ja , habe mit Copy and Paste alles zusammen getragen was wichtig ist..
Hier zum Orginal Link : No KNOX Exynos root method via engKernel. Exynos testers needed.

• Danke
Reaktionen: Darkman
Die augenscheinlich einzige unumgehbare Hürde ist DM-Verity. Wenn es denn der TE auf XDA schafft DM-Verity zu deaktivieren ohne dabei Knox auszulösen ist es absolut möglich root ohne Knox auszulösen zu haben.

Das Problem ist nämlich dass das Gerät mit dieser Methode zwar gerootet ist, jedoch die SU binaries in der /system/ Partition fehlen. Leider arbeiten fast 99% aller root Apps mit der SU binary in /system/. Die Sache mit DM-Verity ist dann dass jede Veränderung dort von ihr (DM-Verity) wieder rückgängig gemacht wird.

• Danke
Reaktionen: MuetzeOfficial und McIcke